**Iowa vs. Purdue Basketball - 2/5/20 - 6pm - BTN**

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
That’s my favorite.

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
My favorite are the people that freak out when the teams drops a few games and when you talk to them about no one expected this from this team they respond with “yes but expectations change when you start winning!”

right.
That's why it's always better from a fan perspective to start slow and then come on strong. If a team finishes 24-12, but started 16-6, it seems worse than a team that finishes 24-12 but started 13-9.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
That's why it's always better from a fan perspective to start slow and then come on strong. If a team finishes 24-12, but started 16-6, it seems worse than a team that finishes 24-12 but started 13-9.
Win the bowl game!! Momentum!

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
Win the bowl game!! Momentum!
Lol.

Even when the team wins the bowl game, the perception of success of the season is completely dependent on how the season started. 10-3, won the bowl game, but started 9-0? Bad season but could have been great if the team and coaches hadn't shit their pants. 10-3, win the bowl game, but started 3-3? Great fucking season!

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
Lol.

Even when the team wins the bowl game, the perception of success of the season is completely dependent on how the season started. 10-3, won the bowl game, but started 9-0? Bad season but could have been great if the team and coaches hadn't shit their pants. 10-3, win the bowl game, but started 3-3? Great fucking season!
Expect the team to go 12-1 and win the Fiesta Bowl but finish 7-6 and beat a FCS school in multiple overtime’s and finish by getting drilled in the bowl game? You’re the bear!!

/ @birdinahouse

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Lol.

Just another way of saying “what have ya done for me lately”.

Reaction score
I get what you are saying, but I am going to give this group the respect that they can handle it. The biggest danger to this group is another injury to one of the Top 3 players, not any expectations.
I would even say an injury to any of the top 6. I mean you lose Kreiner and now you have quality minutes from Pemsl and Pemsl minutes from Till. Lose CM or Joe T and then we see more minutes from Evelyn. These aren’t great options. Fine in small doses but anything more is terrifying.

Reaction score
You joke but sometimes teams have the next guy in line. Iowa has too many injuries and are scrapping the bottom of the barrel. We know what Iowa would have to put on the floor and it isn’t pretty.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I also hate Purdue, because I’m not a commie. But I hat Iowa State, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Missouri, Memphis, Kentucky, whatever team is currently employing Steve Alford, and Michigan State more.
Take out Memphis and Kentucky, add PSU, put Wisconsin at the top for my list.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Purdue isn't even in my Top 10 of teams I don't like.

Wisconsin
Iowa State
Duke
Northwestern
Minnesota
Illinois
Michigan State
Indiana
Penn State
Rutgers

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Wisconsin
ISU
Duke
NC
IL
MSU
Mich
Indiana
Cincinnati
FL
Purdue

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised at that line, with the disparity in KenPom thought it would be a toss up.
Sounds like home court is worth around 4 points then. Wonder if it goes up?

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Purdue isn't even in my Top 10 of teams I don't like.

Wisconsin
Iowa State
Duke
Northwestern
Minnesota
Illinois
Michigan State
Indiana
Penn State
Rutgers

Reactions: Jim

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Purdue is better than their record indicates. Pretty good at home while lousy on the road.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
They're not great on offense, their defense has carried them particularly at home. If Iowa can get 2 of their top 3 scorers in a rhythm early it will help a ton.

Reaction score
Garza shutting down another big would be fun to watch.

Garza is gonna OWN this dude. I don’t care how long he is, Garza will constantly have him backed up under the basket where he can’t defend. It’s gonna be a long night for him.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Kind of a mixed bag on this one

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Illinois

Kentucky
Wisconsin
Minnesota

That's basically the list.