Kirk’s son, Kirk’s son, Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz (Kirk's back in the fight, boyz!!)

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Is there a chance Iowa fucks this up, sure. But when was the last time you had any reason for optimism regarding the offense?
I'm not sure what you mean by "fucks this up". The offense is dead last in CFB. There's no way to get worse so you really can't fuck it up.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by "fucks this up". The offense is dead last in CFB. There's no way to get worse so you really can't fuck it up.
I think he means by making a hire that turns out to be just as bad.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
Also, @CurdMan , the reaction to Brian's firing was met with Halo like delight behind the scenes.
The most arrogant least accomplished silver spoon entitled buttfuck in the entire world who acted as their coaching equal or even superior was fired. I bet hearing the news was the best feeling in the entire world and the awkwardness around the facility is so delicious when he walks in or around it has everyone walking around with giant veiny throbbers.

Reaction score
Most of those defensive coaches have options that would likely lead to promotions or equal or higher pay elsewhere. I’m not saying people will “flee” from KF. But you can’t tell me that a defensive coach might not be fed up with trying to win despite a shitty offense and being ready to try something else. That’s not far fetched whatsoever.
But why wait until a change is ACTUALLY happening at the top of the offensive side of the ball? You are waaay off base here, my man.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
But why wait until a change is ACTUALLY happening at the top of the offensive side of the ball? You are waaay off base here, my man.
You’re almost caught up man. About a page to go.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
For those who want Kirk to leave now when he's clearly still into it, what do you put the percentages at for it being a net positive for the program as a whole over the next 5 years?
50%

Yeah, some teams get worse when their coach moves on. Some get better. Could go either way.

I do NOT think Kirk should be fired. I also do not think he is capable of coaching a team with an offense in the top 2/3 ever again, and I also think that winning 8+ games with a bottom third offense is going to be significantly more difficultgoing forward. So if Kirk decides to retire, I won’t be sad.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Aside from winning, I hope we get the three RBs healthy the rest of the year. I feel like we know what we’ve got in Williams. Jaz seems good but small sample size. Johnson has maybe the most talent but not always very effective. There seems to be enough talent there to build around for next year.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
I feel the OC has to be a bit of a WOW factor for recruits to take IOWA serious offensively quickly- they may have some rehabbed talent coming back and if could get some improvement in OL and another good receiver it could improve somewhat soon.

Hawkeye_Pierce

May Have Fondled a Tranny
Reaction score
Does any of this celebration of Kirk saying exciting things get tempered if they lose 3 more games with Bacon taking all the snaps?

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
Does any of this celebration of Kirk saying exciting things get tempered if they lose 3 more games with Bacon taking all the snaps?
For the people who go back and forth, yes.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Maybe but I remember being ok with pretty shitty results last November once we knew we wouldn’t have to watch another year of Petras. At least there’s some hope that next year will be different.

Hawkeye_Pierce

May Have Fondled a Tranny
Reaction score
Maybe but I remember being ok with pretty shitty results last November once we knew we wouldn’t have to watch another year of Petras. At least there’s some hope that next year will be different.
So it’s possible the head coach of a team can lose out and make bad personnel decisions but get a free pass because another one of his bad decisions was undone by the AD?

The blind spot for good old Kirk is something else.

demmert4

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Last edited:

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
I think it has been pretty clear that many have frustrations about KF, and don't think anyone would be pissed or upset if he rode off into the sunset. But I don't think that he needs to be fired as they are pretty successful overall and has a bit of rope to work with.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
Ok that’s fine but it’s not a totally stupid question.

I know as an assistant coach there a bunch of things I would do differently but still coach my ass off because that’s what you do.
It’s a fucking stupid question and I’d strangle you myself if it wouldn’t be labeled a hate crime.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
In fairness to @CurdMan he already backtracked on it. There just aren't that many defensive coaches and all of of them are extremely loyal to Kirk.

Phil Parker and Jay Niemann are too old to want to go anywhere from what it sounds like. Kelvin Bell loves it here and Seth Wallace also loves it here but he might be ready to get an P5 DC job.
hes already turned down several. i dont think he leaves, knowing hes the next iowa DC and possibly head coach.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
It’s a fucking stupid question and I’d strangle you myself if it wouldn’t be labeled a hate crime.
I expected more from a supposed legendary high school football coach.

BillyBob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
It’s possible that Kurt realizes the errors of his ways, hires a decent OC and stays out of his way, successfully navigates the NIL era, west coast games, and loss of the comforting Big 10 west, and puts together another few solid years before riding off into the sunset

history tells us it is very unlikely.

Reaction score
I don’t know that any coach loves the NIL era and transfer portal, but I don’t think Kirk is especially resistant to this “new era” of college football. He supported the SWARM, tried to make promotional videos for it, etc.. Barta was the real roadblock on NIL—not Kirk.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I don’t know that any coach loves the NIL era and transfer portal, but I don’t think Kirk is especially resistant to this “new era” of college football. He supported the SWARM, tried to make promotional videos for it, etc.. Barta was the real roadblock on NIL—not Kirk.
Yep. Kirk is very open to the SWARM. Barta was a complete douche when it came to NIL ... and well, almost everything else.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I expect to have a decent or least competent offense. If we’re still near the bottom of the conference next season I’d consider that fucking up.

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score
So it’s possible the head coach of a team can lose out and make bad personnel decisions but get a free pass because another one of his bad decisions was undone by the AD?

The blind spot for good old Kirk is something else.
The guy makes a couple statements about his passion for coaching at Iowa and Halo's all-in again. Battered wives. He should retire, hire Phil as HC, let Phil hire new OC, proceed.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I hope the new OC takes over the offense in the similar fashion of this guy
Brody-Blackberry.jpg

Pedro Gomez

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
The guy makes a couple statements about his passion for coaching at Iowa and Halo's all-in again. Battered wives. He should retire, hire Phil as HC, let Phil hire new OC, proceed.
Ha. Shit will stay the same. He's not going to give full control over the offense to a new guy and risk making his kid look bad. Kirk 4.0!!! Fuck

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Has David Raih's stock fallen too far to be considered?