**Official 2020 Iowa Hawkeye Football Offseason Thread**

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
I have no idea if this website has any credibility, but...

Clemson and LSU underclassmen aside, scouts are wondering what the immediate future holds for Iowa offensive tackle Tristan Wirfs. Sources tell me over the past few days that Wirfs has told people he has yet to make a final decision. His mother has been a big factor in this decision, and she’s pushing her son to return to Iowa and finish his degree. This situation is to be continued.

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
I think I might call shenanigans on their methods.

thrawn

Reaction score
Only the third time Kirk has had a team finished ranked but outside the top ten (which they’ve done five times).

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Only the third time Kirk has had a team finished ranked but outside the top ten (which they’ve done five times).
So probably the 6th best season or 7th best team under KF?

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Well shit. Was hoping for a surprise out of AJ but good on him for doing what’s best for him.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Posted by the team twitter account as well...

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Hope he gets a nice cheerleader and pharma sales gig out of the whole deal.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
He left it a little open ended...is he done with football or playing his last season somewhere else? RB depth is on alert

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
RB depth doesn’t seem like much of a concern right now. Don’t see him making it on an NFL roster but if he’s sick of school of has enough credits to graduate why not give it the ol’ college try. His touches certainly won’t go up here next season.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
The list of undergraduate RBs is super long (17 as of yesterday without counting Etienne and Edwards-Helaire who are likely gone). Odds are stacked against him making it in the NFL, but good luck to him all the same.

Bob

Reaction score
RB depth doesn’t seem like much of a concern right now. Don’t see him making it on an NFL roster but if he’s sick of school of has enough credits to graduate why not give it the ol’ college try. His touches certainly won’t go up here next season.
The statement reads like he seems to understand there's a good chance he won't make it in the NFL, but yeah, doesn't hurt to give it a shot.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
So they’re still at 88 scholarship players right? Wirfs gets them to 87. I assume there are more 4th year juniors that will be encouraged to move on from the game.

Bob

Reaction score
They probably have at least one more RB transfer and I'd be surprised if there weren't a couple at DB and LB too

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Its a combination of a lot of things, but I bet deep down Kirk knows he missed a window the last 2 years to win the division.

Running game the last 2 years
Stanley being inconsistent both years
Play calling in a couple games etc.

The talent was there for more.
Having said that, they won 19 games which is excellent at a school like Iowa.

MisterFalcon

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Its a combination of a lot of things, but I bet deep down Kirk knows he missed a window the last 2 years to win the division.

Also difficult to for a school like Iowa to maintain that level of success while losing 4 first rounders in two years.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Having the three early entrants from last year would have been pretty sweet this year.

I think Stanley’s inconsistency was worse than the running game problems

Bob

Reaction score

The Michigan game was really frustrating but otherwise I don't feel too bad at this year. They were not very fun to watch at times but the conference was genuinely good this year and they still came away with ten wins.

Last year stands out as a big missed opportunity. We were more talented overall than we were this year, Wisconsin was ripe for the picking, and instead we let a cruddy Northwestern team waltz to a division title

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
The funniest thing about the 3 today and Lattimore last night is how completely different they are from Stone's post.

These 4 were pretty clearly written by or heavily aided by someone with the school. They all have the same sort of flow, language and similar graphic style.

Geno's was completely different and you can tell he wrote it without much help.

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The funniest thing about the 3 today and Lattimore last night is how completely different they are from Stone's post.

These 4 were pretty clearly written by or heavily aided by someone with the school. They all have the same sort of flow, language and similar graphic style.

Geno's was completely different and you can tell he wrote it without much help.
I missed Lattimore is leaving. Fuck

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
They had 4 early entrants last year.

This is the new norm though.
The only one that really mattered from last year ended up being Hockenson. The defense was even better than last year without the 2 on that side. If they had Hockenson in 2019, then I think Iowa wins the Big Ten and is beating Ohio State away from the playoff.

Next year I think Epenesa is the only one that truly hurts. Wirfs is great, but having Jackson and some good talent at OT and a way more solid interior will be good. Stone is good, but there is a shitload of players waiting behind him to play.

If they can develop one of the young guys quickly or get a grad transfer at DE then I think they are in for another good year.