**Official 2020 Iowa Hawkeye Football Offseason Thread**

JR Hawks

Receives State Appropriations
Joined
Sep 5, 2007
Messages
5,257
Reaction score
-322
What mess is being created for the owner of HN?
Other than Chmelka making Howe take down the DJK story, I don't know that there is one....and that's part of the problem. Chmelka is content to sit back and pretend this is Rob's personal reporting (notice that the worst reporting is on Rob's personal Twitter rather than the HN Twitter or website), which is ridiculous. If important people/donors with the national or Polk County I-Club start to see it another way, so will Chmelka...he's not sacrificing his I-Club standing for Rob Howe.
 

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Joined
Jan 15, 2019
Messages
612
Reaction score
980
Other than Chmelka making Howe take down the DJK story, I don't know that there is one....and that's part of the problem. Chmelka is content to sit back and pretend this is Rob's personal reporting (notice that the worst reporting is on Rob's personal Twitter rather than the HN Twitter or website), which is ridiculous. If important people/donors with the national or Polk County I-Club start to see it another way, so will Chmelka...he's not sacrificing his I-Club standing for Rob Howe.
Let em.

The only people on Howe's side are idiots and people afraid to get banned from his website.

The traffic over there has decreased DRAMATICALLY. It's the same few people arguing in every thread at this point. They're gonna go the way of the old HawkeyeInsider board.
 

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
87,159
Reaction score
1,534
Not that I matter, but I haven’t given HN any of my time since Rob came back in 2015 or whatever and especially since they started having Dave Schwartz write his ridiculously uneducated, seemingly random articles. I’ve had several people approach me about being on the board and I’ve talked to Joe, but the Polk Co board and HN are sort of tied together at this point and I am not a fan. That’s nothing against the Polk Co board because I think they do a really good job.
 

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Joined
Jul 1, 2011
Messages
26,747
Reaction score
2,112
That one is an all-timer. Every time I see it, I’m reminded that no matter what I do, I’ll never do that.
Next to this clip your suggestion of Chris Williams or Donald Trump buttfucking you doesn't even look so bad.

 
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
1,581
Reaction score
-426
Kluver stops short of calling Parker and Wadley out on everything in their statements but makes it pretty clear most of it is bullshit in the most recent podcast.
 

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
28,016
Reaction score
10,786
I don't understand anything about business models, but it doesn't make sense to me to piss off your subscribers.
I’ve never understood a media member blocking people on Twitter. Don’t you want them to click on your story and go to your newspapers website and accidentally click subscribe?
 

cloudhawk

Special
Joined
Sep 4, 2007
Messages
100,019,081
Reaction score
13,577
I am of the thought that if players were interested in being part of the solution- they should reach out to Kurt Ferrenz themselves with their concerns at this point.

Because the University and Kurt Ferrenz have already admitted there were alot of issues, fired staff that the group consensus identified as the main problem, and are committed to making changes to improve and be more understanding and inclusive.

It does not make much sense to continue to beat the drum of systemic racism on social media. Those doing so are making a systemic problem into an individual problem. They are totally not about that though, and only want to make it about future Hawkeyes. The university already said they werent going to comment on individual social media comments- only going to work with them as a group to make changes for the whole.

I dont see Howe anyone thinks what these individuals are going to accomplish unless they think they are really going to unite as a class action lawsuit about failed NFL dreams, winter facemasks, and medium cooked steaks.
 

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
28,016
Reaction score
10,786
Just listened to the Washed Up Walkons. Recap for those that don’t want to listen. I don’t think they like Wadley.

1) Making weight: players had a 2 pound window on each side of their target weight to maintain. If you were suppose to be 188 you could weigh 186-190. (Wadley would always be at 180 instead of 188) If you were under your window you had to go to breakfast club for a week which basically meant you ate breakfast with the weight staff at 6:30 AM for a week.
Akrum was one of the worst at maintaining his weight. In fact he rarely if ever made weight so would go in and drink shakes and water before weigh ins on Mondays which Doyle etc. discouraged because it was fake weight. That was the whole point of the breakfast clubs, so players wouldn’t do that. They started weighing guys twice a week to try to avoid the shake poundings, hoping guys would be more aware of it if they were weighed every 3-4 days instead of every 7.

2) Doneness of the steaks: they said these were all from restaurants and pointed out that the Bread Garden was the one that always cooked them more rare. It had nothing to do with the university of Doyle. In fact the 2 options the players had for meals from these places was medium rare and well done. It was the players choice.

3) YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH: Kluver used A Few Good Men to reference fans not understanding that not all players get along and there are quite a few players that are just bad teammates. They didn’t say it point blank, but basically claimed Wadley was a shitty teammate. They said some guys got a longer leash because they were good players and Wadley was one of those guys but it was extremely frustrating for them when they knew he was putting in barely 50% effort on things like going to class, making weight etc. Drake said he knows multiple people that tried to help Akrum get it but he just didn’t care.

4) Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz: Kulick has said multiple times he was his favorite coach and he looked forward to every running back meeting with Brian. Him and Brady Ross were the only white guys in the room but everyone got along great and joked around. He never sensed any animosity between any of those players and Brian in 2017.

5) Robert T Green: They think he’s a clown and it’s clear the players are looking for money which everyone knows. They used Felicia Goodsons tweet about why are guys slowly picking at the scab and not just letting it all out so it can begin to heal to drive home that point.

6) Kevin Ward is really sick of this shit and thinks a lot of it is BS. Not his words, but he just holds back.

7) Kulick wants to fight Eubanks who called out their questions on their last episode after Angerer called out the hats and earrings thing.
 

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
38,553
Reaction score
-6,138
I’ve never understood a media member blocking people on Twitter. Don’t you want them to click on your story and go to your newspapers website and accidentally click subscribe?
No kidding. Snowflakes

Just ignore people and move on. I’m blocked by Dochterman, who isn’t terrible, because of some comment I made after one of his articles about beat writers never asking Kirk tough questions, especially after a retarded loss.
 

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Joined
Dec 1, 2008
Messages
75,044
Reaction score
27,870
Still thankful that game was afternoon of a workday for most of America.
I was so detached by that point in 2014 that I decided, willingly, to work.

I have never seen the game in its entirety and never will.
 

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Joined
Jan 11, 2012
Messages
20,112
Reaction score
7,490
No kidding. Snowflakes

Just ignore people and move on. I’m blocked by Dochterman, who isn’t terrible, because of some comment I made after one of his articles about beat writers never asking Kirk tough questions, especially after a retarded loss.
The Iowa media like to live in a woke echo chamber where nobody questions their work or opinions.
 

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
28,016
Reaction score
10,786
They also said in the old weight room buys would put 2.5 pound plates in each pocket to make weight. When the coaches figured it out they made them all weigh in in their spandex.

Kulick said he came to Iowa at 203 and left at 249. 46 pounds in that program in 5 years isn’t that hard. They spend the 3rd most in the country on food and nutrition. They just wanted Akrum to gain 10 pounds and he couldn’t gain 1. They also said it’s odd that he claims the black card for meals was cancelled by Kirk yet he claims he had to pound shakes to make weight. Those 2 statements make 0 sense. They said sometimes the card just didn’t work but Kirk had nothing to do with it.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,246
Reaction score
27,868
They also said in the old weight room buys would put 2.5 pound plates in each pocket to make weight. When the coaches figured it out they made them all weigh in in their spandex.

Kulick said he came to Iowa at 203 and left at 249. 46 pounds in that program in 5 years isn’t that hard. They spend the 3rd most in the country on food and nutrition. They just wanted Akrum to gain 10 pounds and he couldn’t gain 1. They also said it’s odd that he claims the black card for meals was cancelled by Kirk yet he claims he had to pound shakes to make weight. Those 2 statements make 0 sense. They said sometimes the card just didn’t work but Kirk had nothing to do with it.
I also don't believe for one fucking second his bullshit story that when the card didn't work that he had to call home to mommy to ask for $20 for some Domino's pizza.

The scholarship athletes all take food and drinks home from training table. Akrum went out drinking all the time. He had roommates and other teammates that could have or would have gotten food for him. That story is absolute bullshit.
 

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Joined
Aug 30, 2014
Messages
55,242
Reaction score
42,700
Ultimately Rob Howe should have his credentials yanked. Iowa rightly won’t do that, though, and I think it’s the right move to let him continue to discredit himself. He’s a disaster and there is no way he can redeem himself at this point.

I’ve said this before, but there’s really only a need for 2-3 main Hawkeye media folks. The rest are weird, lazy hangers-on who have been mailing it the fuck in for years at this point.

Fucking Pat Harty’s tweet on today’s podcast declared it was a rambling discussion that went into the Golden Girls. He offers nothing. Throw him in the toilet with Howe.
 

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Joined
Aug 30, 2014
Messages
55,242
Reaction score
42,700
Akrum is a fucking liar. The sad thing is he had every opportunity to make it to the NFL but couldn’t listen to people who tried to help him.
Akrum is on par with DJK who got his ass cut from the fucking Iowa Barnstormers. Lots of talent but if your ass won’t take shit seriously then absolutely fuck off and give the roster spot to someone who works.
 

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Joined
Aug 23, 2007
Messages
97,981
Reaction score
37,341
I’m glad Akrum stayed on the team and he improved my experience as an Iowa fan. Michigan and ISU games alone were worth it.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,246
Reaction score
27,868
Of course it's bullshit. Without question.
It is even funnier reading it back. Who in the world would ever belive this?

I was threatened by KirkFerentz that my meal card would be taken away and I will not eat nor be able to sit with my teammates during eating sessions. He did follow through on his threat. I went to use my meal card and it was declined. I had to call my mother from New Jersey at 10 or 11pm at night because I was hungry to order Dominos Pizza for me. Or I would have to go to a fan’s house earlier at night to eat because there was no way I was going to be able to make it through the next day vomiting, being weak and be able to make it through school and practice that day.
Lol. His meal card is declined and he doesn't have even $10 to get a burrito from Pancheros. Not even $5 for some gas station food. Nope, his choices were either call mommy in New Jersey or go eat at a fan's house.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,246
Reaction score
27,868
Akrum is on par with DJK who got his ass cut from the fucking Iowa Barnstormers. Lots of talent but if your ass won’t take shit seriously then absolutely fuck off and give the roster spot to someone who works.
He is DJK minus the coke bust.

Vapid, egotistical, intellectually lazy, inflated self-worth, defiant to authority, talented on the college level, worthless on the professional level.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,246
Reaction score
27,868
This also made me laugh for so many reasons.....

One morning I had an exam, I wanted to grab a shake that was made for me because I wanted to make weight before practice. So I went to the facilities to get it. I didn't want to be late to class. Knowing it would only be 15 to 30 seconds for me to grab it out of the refrigerator. I pulled into the back of the facility and pulled into an unmarked and unoccupied parking spot. I did that because finding a spot on campus would have caused me to be late or miss my exam. As I was getting back into my car to head to my exam. Brian's see me about to leave as he and the other coaches were on a jog. Brian then yelled to me, “You dumb Mother Fucker, who the fuck do you think you are!” I will get you when I get back.” I got back in my car and went to class not even focusing on my exam anymore. All I knew was I was angry, frustrated and numb all at the same time.
 

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
28,016
Reaction score
10,786
Pissed I forgot the part where Kevin Ward said ‘can we just say his lead up to the pro day wasn’t great’ and the other 2 said ‘yeah.....that wasn’t great.’ They didn’t really expand on this.

This is me speculating but I’m guessing it had to do with him choosing his uncle over the agent Kirk recommended which led to him not training properly. Like the college student going into a final thinking the work they did during the semester would get them through the final without studying. He thought his game tape was all he needed.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,246
Reaction score
27,868
Seriously, read that story. It makes no logical sense in some areas.

- He drove to the football facility to grab a shake before he had a class and test. This is on the opposite side of the river from any class he would likely be taking.

- He parked where he knew he shouldn't so he could take 15-30 seconds to grab the shake and not be late for class.

- At this point he says finding a spot on campus would have caused him to be late or miss his exam? What? He has to mean in the normal player spots at the facility, right? The campus is nowhere close.

- He gets back into his car to head to class and he gets busted by Brian and the coaches who is going on a jog

- It ruined his laser like focus he had for his class and test.


Translation: He was lazy and parked where he was told to never park, likely because he woke up late and was running late to his test and Brian yelled at him for fucking up. I doubt this was the first time.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,246
Reaction score
27,868
Pissed I forgot the part where Kevin Ward said ‘can we just say his lead up to the pro day wasn’t great’ and the other 2 said ‘yeah.....that wasn’t great.’ They didn’t really expand on this.

This is me speculating but I’m guessing it had to do with him choosing his uncle over the agent Kirk recommended which led to him not training properly. Like the college student going into a final thinking the work they did during the semester would get them through the final without studying. He thought his game tape was all he needed.
I'm guessing it might have something to do with that either Hiawatha or Bob Sanders hinted at with an allegation from a female.
 

BuffettHawk

Useless
Joined
Aug 23, 2007
Messages
51,230
Reaction score
-16,326
- At this point he says finding a spot on campus would have caused him to be late or miss his exam? What? He has to mean in the normal player spots at the facility, right? The campus is nowhere close.
And he couldn't park in the hospital employee parking lots on the east and north sides of the stadium, in which there are approximately 1,000 parking spots which are right next to the practice facility.
 

JR Hawks

Receives State Appropriations
Joined
Sep 5, 2007
Messages
5,257
Reaction score
-322
Pissed I forgot the part where Kevin Ward said ‘can we just say his lead up to the pro day wasn’t great’ and the other 2 said ‘yeah.....that wasn’t great.’ They didn’t really expand on this.

This is me speculating but I’m guessing it had to do with him choosing his uncle over the agent Kirk recommended which led to him not training properly. Like the college student going into a final thinking the work they did during the semester would get them through the final without studying. He thought his game tape was all he needed.
I wouldn't discount his uncle being as crazy as his mom and turning off every team he talked to.
 
Top