**Official 2022 Iowa Football Season Thread**

Hawkmi

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Hey, dumbfuck. I don't care what the draft geeks are saying. We know they love workout warriors. They gave us "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane", after all.

The fact remains he didn't accomplish much at Iowa. One of the least accomplished early draft entrants the program has had.

He might be good in the NFL. He might be a bust. Whatever the case, that will be his legacy. Because there isn't one at Iowa.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Hey, dumbfuck. I don't care what the draft geeks are saying. We know they love workout warriors. They gave us "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane", after all.

The fact remains he didn't accomplish much at Iowa. One of the least accomplished early draft entrants the program has had.

He might be good in the NFL. He might be a bust. Whatever the case, that will be his legacy. Because there isn't one at Iowa.
You are not a normally functioning adult JR

JR Hawks

Receives State Appropriations
Reaction score
Lukas Van Ness career accomplishments:

-2nd team Hawkeye d-line
-5.5 sacks in 2022
-All conference Honorable Mention
-Measurables that are intriguing to basement dwelling draft experts
-Big biceps and six pack abs that make Halo dorks hard
-Hawkeye Legend

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Eat a bag of fucking cocks, you weirdo. I’m sorry he fucked your wife.

JR Hawks

Reaction score
Halo has a weird rule that one must agree all early draft decisions are good decisions.

I recall a similar reaction to questioning Tyler Cook (Salt Lake City Stars) and Joe Weiskamp (Wisconsin Herd) going pro early.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Halo has a weird rule that one must agree all early draft decisions are good decisions.

I recall a similar reaction to questioning Tyler Cook (Salt Lake City Stars) and Joe Weiskamp (Wisconsin Herd) going pro early.
Oh, yeah….we’re moving the goalposts now

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score

Pretty much every Halo poster would have preferred have them both stay 4 years.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
I would say that he should come back for another year instead of declaring but if he wants to go I believe he'll get drafted and develop further in the league

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
I would say that he should come back for another year instead of declaring but if he wants to go I believe he'll get drafted and develop further in the league
Sure. Fine. But that’s not the conversation that JR is having.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score

Basketball is different. You're going to get paid no matter what, so it almost always makes sense.

JR Hawks

Reaction score
Sure. Fine. But that’s not the conversation that JR is having.
I don't think you understand my point.

I don't doubt the draft geeks on where he will be drafted. He appears to have measurables and has shown flashes of good play. He may well end up a good pro.

Where I disagree is with the desperation some kids have to go pro the first chance they get even if they're not marquee prospects or haven't established themselves as great players at the collegiate level.

Maybe Van Kness will end up a marquee prospect, but he didn't establish himself as a great player at Iowa.

There are MANY examples of kids that sacrificed the legacy, development and greater future earnings of more time in college for instant gratification, immediate (potentially reduced) money, and a career on the bench/in the minor leagues/out of the game.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
Pretty much every Halo poster would have preferred have them both stay 4 years.
Most definitely, but if Cook stays you've got to wonder if Garza blows up like he did. Cook was the focus of the offense.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

I don't doubt the draft geeks on where he will be drafted. He appears to have measurables and has shown flashes of good play. He may well end up a good pro.

Where I disagree is with the desperation some kids have to go pro the first chance they get even if they're not marquee prospects or haven't established themselves as great players at the collegiate level.

Maybe Van Kness will end up a marquee prospect, but he didn't establish himself as a great player at Iowa.

There are MANY examples of kids that sacrificed the legacy, development and greater future earnings of more time in college for instant gratification, immediate (potentially reduced) money, and a career on the bench/in the minor leagues/out of the game.
There's no way to know that.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score

90% of what you wrote there had absolutely nothing to do with the original claim you made; which is what you were called out for. And did so under the guise that it was EVERYONE ELSE that was incapable of logic and rational thought. Just dumb. You went all 13-year-old to their parents “I’d explain it to you, but you wouldn’t get it anyway.”

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
JR Hawks definitely not going to like Jordan Reid’s take that Lukas goes 26 to Cincy…

JR Hawks

Reaction score
Apparently you've misinterpreted my original claim, because I've not changed my mind on this.

The Tin Man

Reaction score
Selfishly I’d like all of Iowa’s great players stay for four years, yet I know it isn’t feasible with the NFL prestige and money. I’m hoping that NIL could be a factor in the future to keep more possible NFL early entrants on the team. The same goes for basketball and the NBA.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Selfishly I’d like all of Iowa’s great players stay for four years, yet I know it isn’t feasible with the NFL prestige and money. I’m hoping that NIL could be a factor in the future to keep more possible NFL early entrants on the team. The same goes for basketball and the NBA.
I agree, but guys leaving early has sometimes sprung some amazing players forward by opening up PT. It all works together as long as you continue to develop the young guys.