**Purdue vs. Iowa Basketball - 3/3/20 - 8pm - BTN**

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I really don’t think the offense was the issue tonight. Rebounding and effort/hustle were. Iowa got plenty of good looks but missed them which happens.

Sometimes you need a game like that to refocus on little things. Just sucks that 2 years in a row Iowa has gotten punked on their home floor on senior night.

douglasbader

Thinks Trump is smart.
Reaction score
When is the last time that Weiskamp simply shot the ball without thinking about it? He did it at the end of the half and was an easy swish.

The last 3-4 games he pretty much hasn't had more than 1 other shot where he did that. Every single shot, whether it is a three or a drive is so unnatural. He is overthinking everything.

CamelTones

Reaction score
They have to want to shoot. Neither of them wanted to shoot, especially Wieskamp. They passed up countless open shots so Bakari or Connor or Kreiner could chuck up terrible shots.

It is a crime that neither took more than 6 shots when it counted.
Right but there were at least 4 times when Bakari was bringing the ball up that one of them was standing wide open and he never looked to pass to them and focused entirely on the paint.

When Garza catches it at 15 feet and the double comes Fran has got to get Wieskamp a post up. Maybe he is and Joe just isn’t doing it. But it should be there >50% of the time. Frans the coach, he’s the one that has to get Wieskamp out of this funk.

Reaction score
There was one point later in the 2nd half where CJF had a semi-clean look from behind the arc and passed it to Garza for a tough PiP attempt instead.

You've been getting your asses handed to you since the first media timeout of the game - especially on the boards - just hoist the damn thing.

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
Being a bitch for the Purdues and MSU's of the basketball world is unpleasant. I hope I live long enough to see us on the side of the puncher rather than the punching bag. Fran has done a decent job, but it'll have to be a successor to Fran to accomplish that.

douglasbader

Thinks Trump is smart.
Reaction score
Wieskamp is 2-19 from three in the last 5 games. 3-22 in the last 6 games.

He's gone from a wonderful shooter to atrocious.

Reaction score
JT had a lane to the basket in the first half and decided to pull it back out. It ended in a turnover. So bad

douglasbader

Thinks Trump is smart.
Reaction score
Right but there were at least 4 times when Bakari was bringing the ball up that one of them was standing wide open and he never looked to pass to them and focused entirely on the paint.

When Garza catches it at 15 feet and the double comes Fran has got to get Wieskamp a post up. Maybe he is and Joe just isn’t doing it. But it should be there >50% of the time. Frans the coach, he’s the one that has to get Wieskamp out of this funk.
Bakari and Toussaint were awful tonight. Connor wasn't much better either.

ivan_drago

Frail & Sickly
Reaction score
My favorite part of the game was when Iowa looked like it was about to mount a comeback and stole the ball on the press and then Connor threw it directly at Luka’s face as he sprinted right by.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Even Garza had some weird plays. He had that wide open layup in the first half where he forgot to release the ball above the rim.

CamelTones

Reaction score
My favorite part of the game was when Iowa looked like it was about to mount a comeback and stole the ball on the press and then Connor threw it directly at Luka’s face as he sprinted right by.
Im not even sure who that was intended for. It looked like he was about to throw it cross court for a 3 then he chucked it at Lukas face. Fucking ball ended up front row baseline. Also gave Luka a fat lip. I think the bald fuck hit a 3 on the other end right after.

Reaction score
Painter needs to either gain or lose weight. He's fat, but not fat enough to be funny and endearing. He's uncomfortable to look at.
Got kind of a Matt Perrault thing going on. He seems like a decent enough dude, so it makes me feel bad for him.

Reaction score
I didn’t see Pemsl play in the 2nd half. He doesn’t realize when he fucks up and Fran is sick of his shit.

Reaction score

He called for sets with him posted up a handful of times with Luka on the perimeter. Every time Joe got pushed off the block or failed to seal before they could even get him a touch. You want that more than 50% of the possessions?

This is silly. It's on Joe. He's missing wide open shots. He has no counter to being guarded physically or having the lane closed. He takes a couple dribbles, sees there is no path, turns his back and kicks it back out.

Somehow his defense, rebounding and coming up with loose balls is even more frustrating. He's letting the offensive struggles effect his total game and it's killing us.

Reaction score
Im not even sure who that was intended for. It looked like he was about to throw it cross court for a 3 then he chucked it at Lukas face. Fucking ball ended up front row baseline. Also gave Luka a fat lip. I think the bald fuck hit a 3 on the other end right after.
Live, I thought he was throwing it to Joe and Luka just ran in the passing lane and it hit him. Just pulled it up on the DVR and have no idea what he was doing.

That was Connor's worst game in a long time. Maybe all year. Fran was losing it on him.

Reaction score
Even Garza had some weird plays. He had that wide open layup in the first half where he forgot to release the ball above the rim.
And after he got that early foul he just stopped playing defense for a large chunk of the 1st half when they extended the lead.

Reaction score
No one was good aside from Luka and he didn't play a good game for his standards. Guards were all terrible. But even as shitty as we were offensively, that game was decided by rebounding and the points off turnovers we gave up. They got 21 fucking offensive rebounds. 48% of their misses. We've only had one game worse than that in the last 4 years.

They outscored us by 26 in second chance points and points off turnovers in a game we lost by 9.

CamelTones

Reaction score
He called for sets with him posted up a handful of times with Luka on the perimeter. Every time Joe got pushed off the block or failed to seal before they could even get him a touch. You want that more than 50% of the possessions?

This is silly. It's on Joe. He's missing wide open shots. He has no counter to being guarded physically or having the lane closed. He takes a couple dribbles, sees there is no path, turns his back and kicks it back out.

Somehow his defense, rebounding and coming up with loose balls is even more frustrating. He's letting the offensive struggles effect his total game and it's killing us.
I don’t know what the answer is. I’m just trying to come up with ways to get him going early in the game. One of his post game quotes was basically they’re fouling and refs are not calling it making it impossible for him to do anything.

Or maybe his focus just needs to be rebound, play defense and let the offense come to him.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Connor had a couple of head scratching passes.
At least 3 times Connor was way out on the wing and Purdue threw it where he was supposed to be in the back of the 2-3 for layups or dunks. I think that's what Fran was most upset with him for

FrodoTBaggin

Balding
Reaction score

Or falls down like he's seven years old. Lol.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding
Reaction score
I don’t know what the answer is. I’m just trying to come up with ways to get him going early in the game. One of his post game quotes was basically they’re fouling and refs are not calling it making it impossible for him to do anything.

Or maybe his focus just needs to be rebound, play defense and let the offense come to him.
Jesus. What a little bitch. they were pushing!

Reaction score
Fran talked on the radio and his post game about Joe being hesitant and waiting for things to be perfect to shoot. They keep telling him to let it fly.

He's playing with zero confidence and letting it effect his energy and focus.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding
Reaction score
Long term he will be fine but he needs other guys to be good in order to flourish. He's a spot up shooter that usually defends well and rebounds. He's not difficult to guard, he has no change of direction. The defender beats him to a spot and he just falls down. It's happened at least once in the last five games, I swear.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding
Reaction score
I think he'll be fine as well. Probably in the dance. However, an overreaction would be after 2 or 3 games. We're well past that.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
Fran needs to sit Joe W for refusing to follow his fucking shot. This is fourth grade shit Joe. Figure it out. Fuck.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
I suspect we'll come out a little more purposeful on Sunday. If not, I'll officially be worried. I agree with Camel (or whomever said it), the issue for concern wasn't so much the missed shots, but was the lack of urgency defensively & on the boards. Boudreaux seemed to get every contested RB or loose ball. And clearly, it'll be tough for us to do much damage in the postseason with JW playing like this...but I also suspect he'll play better once we get out of the B10 where physicality, defense, & lights out scouting reports are much more in play.