**Wisconsin vs. Iowa - 11/30/18 - 7:00 pm - BTN**

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Fritz is probably a big James Harden fan. Loves his ability to draw fouls. An art form.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
And no fucking shit, that's the biggest problem with that "play".
Wait, I thought the problem according to your post was that he celebrated. Who wouldn't celebrate that?
A non-faggot
lol.....yeah, what a fag for celebrating winning the game. Look, I'm sure Mikey is very important to you -and I'm sure its for good reason- but the physicality of basketball is off-putting for a pencil neck guy like himself, so he got prematurely wound up about what he thought was an incidental play in the game.

Fritz Fequiere

Reaction score
Fritz is probably a big James Harden fan. Loves his ability to draw fouls. An art form.
lol.......if only halo would have been around to read when the modern day crossover emerged. Things are different!!!! I don't like it!!!!

Oh man, that would've been golden.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Wait, I thought the problem according to your post was that he celebrated. Who wouldn't celebrate that?
A non-faggot
lol.....yeah, what a fag for celebrating winning the game. Look, I'm sure Mikey is very important to you -and I'm sure its for good reason- but the physicality of basketball is off-putting for a pencil neck guy like himself, so he got prematurely wound up about what he thought was an incidental play in the game.
Ah, I remember now from the grabbing and holding defense thread. You actually have the bizarre backwards opinion that this sort of thing is somehow evidence of superior athleticism and toughness and it's wimps who don't like it. LOL

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
He effectively ended the game with that play, ya dipshit.
I said that he celebrated like he made a huge play. I don't consider throwing yourself backwards onto the ground "making a play".

If you want to try to pull off the well, actually shtick you can't be misreading sentences dude.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
To show support for Gary during Friday’s Gold Out the marketing department has decided to have Golden Dolphin night at Carver.

Fritz Fequiere

Reaction score
A non-faggot
Ah, I remember now from the grabbing and holding defense thread. You actually have the bizarre backwards opinion that this sort of thing is somehow evidence of superior athleticism and toughness and it's wimps who don't like it. LOL
The level of basketball with the greatest athleticism is also the most physical level. And anecdotally, every kid I ever played with at every level that complained about physicality was a kid that wasn't any good.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
The level of basketball with the greatest athleticism is also the most physical level. And anecdotally, every kid I ever played with at every level that complained about physicality was a kid that wasn't any good.
Fritz has never bitched about a no-call. True story.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
That's 100% backwards, as was pointed out to you the last time we had this conversation. NBA players are insanely better defenders than college players, but Purdue style grabby hand check defense gets whistled immediately in the NBA. Because NBA defenders are good enough athletes to stay in front of the guy they're defending.

And I'll throw it back at you - anecdotally, every person I've ever played with who highly valued being hustly hand check grabby defense guy sucked at basketball.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Then why is falling backwards on contact an athletic play?

Fritz Fequiere

Reaction score
I said that he celebrated like he made a huge play. I don't consider throwing yourself backwards onto the ground "making a play".

If you want to try to pull off the well, actually shtick you can't be misreading sentences dude.
lol.....ok, buddy.

What's your definition of a "huge play" if its not one that resulted in winning the game? Can't you just admit that made a stupid comment because you didn't know the context? I know you get a lot of likes on a message board and that must mean a great deal to you, but its ok.....these internet people will still like ya.

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score
Defender launches himself sideways (with his feet still moving) into a dribbling offensive player and then throws himself backwards three feet like he just got hit with a wrecking ball.

You, a basketball intellectual: Well, ACTUALLY, this is an art form that should be celebrated.

Fritz Fequiere

Reaction score
That's 100% backwards, as was pointed out to you the last time we had this conversation. NBA players are insanely better defenders than college players, but Purdue style grabby hand check defense gets whistled immediately in the NBA. Because NBA defenders are good enough athletes to stay in front of the guy they're defending.

And I'll throw it back at you - anecdotally, every person I've ever played with who highly valued being hustly hand check grabby defense guy sucked at basketball.
Yeah, but thats because you've never played in something more than a church league. Be honest here. Any contact is a foul in those leagues.

As for the NBA, go and watch one of the playoff games (you know, when it matters and the game is played at its highest level) from last year and get back to me on which is more physical.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Sure Jordan complained about the physical tactics the Pistons and Knicks employed against him, but only because he wasn’t very good at basketball.

Fritz Fequiere

Reaction score
Defender launches himself sideways (with his feet still moving) into a dribbling offensive player and then throws himself backwards three feet like he just got hit with a wrecking ball.

You, a basketball intellectual: Well, ACTUALLY, this is an art form that should be celebrated.
Great praise for a post founded on a lack of understanding of the rules.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score

Yeah, but thats because you've never played in something more than a church league. Be honest here. Any contact is a foul in those leagues.

As for the NBA, go and watch one of the playoff games (you know, when it matters and the game is played at its highest level) from last year and get back to me on which is more physical.
You've made like eight 100% backwards statements in this thread. I played a "church league" type game last weekend. It was a bunch of overweight middle aged dudes playing the grabbiest handsiest defense you've ever seen because they couldn't move their feet. What universe do you live in?

Fritz Fequiere

Reaction score
Who is falling backwards? What are you talking about, donnie?

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score

Great praise for a post founded on a lack of understanding of the rules.
Basketball is a game for skilled athletes, not hustling tommy tryhards who can only compete by grabbing/holding. It's a beautiful game rendered ugly by tough guys like you.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Who is falling backwards? What are you talking about, donnie?
You are simultaneously celebrating a charge call and lamenting physical play not being allowed.

Fritz Fequiere

Reaction score

You've made like eight 100% backwards statements in this thread. I played a "church league" type game last weekend. It was a bunch of overweight middle aged dudes playing the grabbiest handsiest defense you've ever seen because they couldn't move their feet. What universe do you live in?
The one in which the highest level of the game is also the most physical.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score

The “charge” defending god knows what (the pack line?) is the worst. He clearly wasn’t set, and fell in the direction his own momentum took him with minimal contact. He had no chance of making any real play.
Point of order: the defender doesn't have to be "set." He has to establish a legal guarding position and not be moving towards the defender. He can still move sideways or even back, but he's not required to be "set," and that's been a frequently misinterpreted part of the rules seemingly forever.
By the way, since Fritz keeps referencing this post - you're right, you don't have to be completely stationary (obviously, otherwise you'd have to stand still while the other guy dribbled around you). You have to establish defensive position with your feet set. But the NCAA rule book specifically mentions that you can't be moving towards the player with the ball while contact occurs, which is what I was referring to - in the clip we're talking about, he throws himself into the path of the dribbler. He never establishes defensive position in front of him, because the NC State player is a superior athlete and too quick for him.

Fritz Fequiere

Reaction score

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score
Yeah but I thought we'd moved to a broader discussion.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Basketball is a game for skilled athletes, not hustling tommy tryhards who can only compete by grabbing/holding.
I like Tommy Tryhards. That's what Iowa athletics is built upon. With help during the football season from Tommy Soybean.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Basketball is a game for skilled athletes, not hustling tommy tryhards who can only compete by grabbing/holding.
I like Tommy Tryhards. That's what Iowa athletics is built upon. With help during the football season from Tommy Soybean.
This is pretty apropos in the IA/WI game thread.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
The worst is the last one where he's all pumped up like he just made some huge play.

@FrodoTBaggin , opinions on a player celebrating drawing a charge?
He effectively ended the game with that play, ya dipshit. He forced a turnover with :18 left and NC State having a chance to tie. Drawing a charge is an art and should be celebrated, lest every vestige of defense goes by the wayside.

The anti-charge crowd in b-ball is kinda like the "don't run to the short side of the field!" crowd in football. Just dumb.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Agreed. I’m much more into contemporary art like this.

PipeDaddy

Nanny State Leach Enabler
Reaction score
Wow did this thread blow up.

Call a charge, block, whatever. But anyone that falls down without the need to fall down (and without the laws of physics causing it) should be summarily executed. This shouldn’t be controversial.

PipeDaddy

Nanny State Leach Enabler
Reaction score
And yes, that may include Cook from last night... I haven’t watched the replay yet.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
That Wisconsin player is a fuckin twat and a pussy. Fuck playing like that.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score

The “charge” defending god knows what (the pack line?) is the worst. He clearly wasn’t set, and fell in the direction his own momentum took him with minimal contact. He had no chance of making any real play.
Point of order: the defender doesn't have to be "set." He has to establish a legal guarding position and not be moving towards the defender. He can still move sideways or even back, but he's not required to be "set, is always committing a blocking foul if Iowa State has the ball and is always the victim of a charge if Iowa State is on defense. And that's been a frequently misinterpreted part of the rules seemingly forever.
/Hilton Magic

Fritz Fequiere

Reaction score
"And I'll throw it back at you - anecdotally, every person I've ever played with who highly valued being hustly hand check grabby defense guy sucked at basketball."

But that's just it, Mikey. Somehow I know without even knowing that you never played, as in competitively. So all the people you've ever "played" against suck. And based on your support, apparently this applies to the vast majority of halo......which frankly isn't terribly surprising.

And regarding the trend towards more contact since the early 80's, everything changed when players learned to slide the ball in their hand and were allowed to do so. I thought and still think the crossover adds an awesome dimension to the game, but if there wasn't a correction in how defenders were allowed to defend, the game would have become a layup drill. Perhaps that would be exciting to you?

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
This fritz guy is a real faggot. A butt fuck fag if you will.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
If I remember right, ol' Fritzy's competitive knowledge is rooted in Div. 3 Iowa conference soccer.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Davison is the guy announcers would always talk about his shoulder dislocating last year.

Kreiner can go after that shoulder

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
So, does Dolph still get his 3 free tickets for the game if he’s not working?

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
I'm thinking Dolph shows up wearing a fake mustache and rubber nose to call the game on Friday.

Reaction score

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
It takes zero skill, talent, athleticism, or toughness to get in an offensive player’s way, absorb the slightest amount of contact physically possible, and flail backwards as if you are Northwestern’s LT getting owned by AJ Epenesa. Offensive players are no longer allowed to initiate any contact whatsoever, and it’s pussies like @Fritz Fequiere that are enabling this bullshit to continue.