**2018 Iowa Basketball Offseason Thread**

Natty Bumppo

Chiropractor for Eyes
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
6,462
Reaction score
-480
I have I have the worst sources in the world, but the rumor is Cook has not attended class all semester and he has been NBA or bust all year. GFYIAP.
 
Joined
Mar 10, 2008
Messages
7,254
Reaction score
-8,975
I have I have the worst sources in the world, but the rumor is Cook has not attended class all semester and he has been NBA or bust all year. GFYIAP.
That wouldn't mesh with some of his social media postings. He's posted on Snapchat from a classroom because he hated the music that the professor chose to play ahead of class. He's also posting a lot from Carver - working out a shit-ton in the main and practice gyms.
 

Natty Bumppo

Chiropractor for Eyes
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
6,462
Reaction score
-480
I have I have the worst sources in the world, but the rumor is Cook has not attended class all semester and he has been NBA or bust all year. GFYIAP.
That wouldn't mesh with some of his social media postings. He's posted on Snapchat from a classroom because he hated the music that the professor chose to play ahead of class. He's also posting a lot from Carver - working out a shit-ton in the main and practice gyms.
That’s good to know - I would hate for my neighbor/source to be correct even once.
 

Tugboat

Berntard
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,909
Reaction score
-8,206
Dailey would make sense provided what is coming in/back next year.
 

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,655
Reaction score
-14,418
Imagine being a subscriber and watching Kakert toss bullshit like that around. Only to either be wrong or be scooped by some guy we’ve never heard of.

He should post what he heard, or thinks he knows, or STFU. This hinting bullshit would be infuriating as a subscriber.
 

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
28,029
Reaction score
10,833
I have I have the worst sources in the world, but the rumor is Cook has not attended class all semester and he has been NBA or bust all year. GFYIAP.
That wouldn't mesh with some of his social media postings. He's posted on Snapchat from a classroom because he hated the music that the professor chose to play ahead of class. He's also posting a lot from Carver - working out a shit-ton in the main and practice gyms.
Yeah I’ve seen him walking in and out of the library a bunch of times this semester.
 

Tugboat

Berntard
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,909
Reaction score
-8,206
Imagine being a subscriber and watching Kakert toss bullshit like that around. Only to either be wrong or be scooped by some guy we’ve never heard of.

He should post what he heard, or thinks he knows, or STFU. This hinting bullshit would be infuriating as a subscriber.
Even he has enough self awareness to understand that he’s created a miserable professional existence for himself.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,310
Reaction score
27,976
Dailey would make the most sense and wouldn't be a bad thing for him. The reality is he might be looking at playing 15 minutes per game at best the rest of his career at Iowa.

He could transfer to a mid-major and likely start and be a 25-32 mpg player that averages 12 points and 4 rebounds per game.

I still think Moss is a dumbfuck, but there is still the possibility with his talent and surrounding him with better players and putting him in better situations on the floor where not as much is expected out of him could turn him into what Iowa needs. He is a guy that can go and score 20+ and has the tools to defend. They simply need him to stop taking long 2 point jumpers, take more open threes and go to the rim. Even if he isn't playing well, you can put him on the bench and make him a 10 mpg guy when needed.
 

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
22,605
Reaction score
4,443
I hope the news is something Rivals related, dropping the price 5$ a month or some shit.
 

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
45,942
Reaction score
3,190
I have I have the worst sources in the world, but the rumor is Cook has not attended class all semester and he has been NBA or bust all year. GFYIAP.
They said that stuff all the time. Keep in mind they've been in-season and traveling plus they just got back from spring break.
 

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Joined
Jan 11, 2012
Messages
20,137
Reaction score
7,535
The news is that Kakert is advancing his career and taking a job as a journalist for the Daily Iowan
 

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
45,942
Reaction score
3,190
Dailey can be a contributor here. He got better in my opinion, as the season progressed.

I think the prevailing thought around here is that guys are going to bail every single time when faced with the "possibility" of a cap on their playing time.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,310
Reaction score
27,976
Dailey can be a contributor here. He got better in my opinion, as the season progressed.

I think the prevailing thought around here is that guys are going to bail every single time when faced with the "possibility" of a cap on their playing time.
He is already a contributor and minutes are always a crapshoot, but his situation for minutes looks worse, not better for the next 2 years if Moss stays.
 
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
9,742
Reaction score
-2,531
This may be irrational, but I would rather have Moss leave. I just don't trust him to produce when he's being counted on and the endless 19 foot jumpers absolutely enrage me.
 

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,655
Reaction score
-14,418
This may be irrational, but I would rather have Moss leave. I just don't trust him to produce when he's being counted on and the endless 19 foot jumpers absolutely enrage me.
I think what Dailey gives you is a lot more replaceable than what Moss can give you. Not that either one leaving would sink the ship.
 

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
22,605
Reaction score
4,443
I don't either of them leaving is good news. Not devastating, but not a positive.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,310
Reaction score
27,976
This may be irrational, but I would rather have Moss leave. I just don't trust him to produce when he's being counted on and the endless 19 foot jumpers absolutely enrage me.
They both are mediocre for sure, but if anyone can break through to Moss and simply convince him to stop doing that he is the immensely more talented player.

I don't know if he will ever get it though, but given the choice at the moment I would take Moss.

This again is why Fran has to find a guard or a wing juco or grad transfer to minimize the damage when Moss decides not to show up.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,310
Reaction score
27,976
I don't either of them leaving is good news. Not devastating, but not a positive.
I think that all depends what Fran can do in the Spring.

Moss staying and Dailey leaving but replaced with some 5th year grad transfer would be an upgrade.
 

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
22,605
Reaction score
4,443
Pemsl is a possibility, Tom has mentioned that he was back on the fence, and I assume Tom has better sources with Iowa kids.
 

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
45,942
Reaction score
3,190
Dailey can be a contributor here. He got better in my opinion, as the season progressed.

I think the prevailing thought around here is that guys are going to bail every single time when faced with the "possibility" of a cap on their playing time.
He is already a contributor and minutes are always a crapshoot, but his situation for minutes looks worse, not better for the next 2 years if Moss stays.
I disagree. I think they stay about the same if not go up with the departure of Wagner and Ellingson. I think all of the minutes they were getting go mostly to him.
 

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,655
Reaction score
-14,418
Isn’t that kind of a weird graphic to post if the “news” is another player transferring out, though? Probably reading too much into it.
 

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,655
Reaction score
-14,418
Dailey can be a contributor here. He got better in my opinion, as the season progressed.

I think the prevailing thought around here is that guys are going to bail every single time when faced with the "possibility" of a cap on their playing time.
He is already a contributor and minutes are always a crapshoot, but his situation for minutes looks worse, not better for the next 2 years if Moss stays.
I disagree. I think they stay about the same if not go up with the departure of Wagner and Ellingson. I think all of the minutes they were getting go mostly to him.
Connor is likely going to play more than those guys combined, though.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,310
Reaction score
27,976
Dailey can be a contributor here. He got better in my opinion, as the season progressed.

I think the prevailing thought around here is that guys are going to bail every single time when faced with the "possibility" of a cap on their playing time.
He is already a contributor and minutes are always a crapshoot, but his situation for minutes looks worse, not better for the next 2 years if Moss stays.
I disagree. I think they stay about the same if not go up with the departure of Wagner and Ellingson. I think all of the minutes they were getting go mostly to him.
Not seeing it. He got 15 mpg last year and that came from 3 different positions.

Next year he has to compete with bohannon / Connor / Moss / Wieskamp and likely some minutes at the 3 going to Baer and Nunge. You can throw Frederick in there as well.

Compare that to this year where he had to compete with bohannon / Moss / Ellingson / Wagner / Baer / Nunge. That isn't even close to the same competition.
 

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
45,942
Reaction score
3,190
He is already a contributor and minutes are always a crapshoot, but his situation for minutes looks worse, not better for the next 2 years if Moss stays.
I disagree. I think they stay about the same if not go up with the departure of Wagner and Ellingson. I think all of the minutes they were getting go mostly to him.
Connor is likely going to play more than those guys combined, though.
True. And Weiskamp. Hell idk how the minutes will go.

@FrodoTBaggin you wanna take a crack at it?
 

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Joined
Jan 21, 2015
Messages
28,811
Reaction score
-30,212
On my phone looks perfect to me desktop dork
 

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Joined
Feb 11, 2010
Messages
56,780
Reaction score
-21,402

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Joined
Jan 21, 2015
Messages
28,811
Reaction score
-30,212
I know I've thrown a lot of shit out there and got you all worked up but it's just in good fun!!
 

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
87,292
Reaction score
1,540
I think moss has more potential as a slasher with some decent shooting potential as a bonus.

I think Dailey has more potential as a spot up guy.
 

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
87,292
Reaction score
1,540
I can’t believe how many people are going to back to the kakert well after he was clearly completely fucking guessing last time.
 

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Joined
Feb 11, 2010
Messages
56,780
Reaction score
-21,402
I'd rather Maishe stay if we're choosing. Much less chance of me smashing my head into a brick wall.
 

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Joined
Aug 4, 2008
Messages
37,419
Reaction score
2,956
I can’t believe how many people are going to back to the kakert well after he was clearly completely fucking guessing last time.
Who is going back to him? Everyone thinks he is full of shit.
Wrong. As dumb as all of us on HaLo are, you're really underestimating the average fan. Hell, there are 114,000 people that like the Hawkeye Heaven Facebook page.

There's a dude on reddit that posts in every single Iowa related thread, and basically everything centers around his dislike for Fran, Kirk and Barta, and how Iowa fans just accept mediocrity. Just yesterday he was posting about Kakert saying Cook is leaving and that he's a very reliable source.

There's a lot more of him than we'd like to admit.
 

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
45,942
Reaction score
3,190
I can’t believe how many people are going to back to the kakert well after he was clearly completely fucking guessing last time.
Who is going back to him? Everyone thinks he is full of shit.
Wrong. As dumb as all of us on HaLo are, you're really underestimating the average fan. Hell, there are 114,000 people that like the Hawkeye Heaven Facebook page.

There's a dude on reddit that posts in every single Iowa related thread, and basically everything centers around his dislike for Fran, Kirk and Barta, and how Iowa fans just accept mediocrity. Just yesterday he was posting about Kakert saying Cook is leaving and that he's a very reliable source.

There's a lot more of him than we'd like to admit.
An afternoon in Kinnick and/or Carver confirms this.
 

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
41,075
Reaction score
-5,280
I can’t believe how many people are going to back to the kakert well after he was clearly completely fucking guessing last time.
Who is going back to him? Everyone thinks he is full of shit.
Wrong. As dumb as all of us on HaLo are, you're really underestimating the average fan. Hell, there are 114,000 people that like the Hawkeye Heaven Facebook page.

There's a dude on reddit that posts in every single Iowa related thread, and basically everything centers around his dislike for Fran, Kirk and Barta, and how Iowa fans just accept mediocrity. Just yesterday he was posting about Kakert saying Cook is leaving and that he's a very reliable source.

There's a lot more of him than we'd like to admit.
Iowa Fan sucks.
 
Top