I would choose Pemsl based on his inability to shoot, but he is also really damn effective sometimes.That logjam at PF/C and Fran’s difficulty managing a rotation makes me feel that Iowa would be better off with one of Pemsl/Kreiner transferring out.
That all makes sense except for Dailey needing to get the back up minutes at SG an SF. Why does he need to get those minutes? I think Baer ends up getting those minutes before Dailey. In fact, I could see Dailey getting pushed back out of the rotation altogether kinda like 2 years ago. I mean, he kinda really sucksI think there is a potential collective Uthoff effect on his minutes (hopefully) from player addition and improvement. It all has a ripple effect. I hate to do a minutes distribution and piss off @FrodoTBaggin and multiple others, but here we go....Last year was the anamoly. His first season was only a little bit worse per minute than 16-17 but they obviously needed fewer minutes with Uthoff playing the same combo forward role at an all American level. Unless you think there's another Uthoff on this team I don't think his minutes should be cut way back to freshman levels again unless he's shooting like shit.If he is playing out of his mind again, then sure, 20+ minutes is fine. Nobody is going to complain. This year will tell if that season was the anomaly or if the first and third were more accurate.
Hopefully it was his injury and playing out of position.
Connor takes away nearly all the minutes at PG that Dailey got. Moss hopefully figured things out and can stay on the floor at SG. Wieskamp is likely a starter and impact player and from his interview they see him almost exclusively on the wing. Dailey is improved and will need to get the back up minutes at SG and SF.
Because all of these things the minutes that were available at the PG / SG / SF positions the last 2 years are greatly reduced.
Now you look at the PF / C position and you have to figure out how to split up 80 minutes between Cook, Garza, Nunge, Pemsl, Kreiner and Baer. You know that Cook is getting 30 of those and Garza is getting 25 minutes. You have 25 minutes left for Pemsl, Baer and Kreiner.
Again, the danger for Iowa is Fran not knowing how to effectively split minutes up for everyone and too many players to keep happy. At least this year the players are going to likely be better instead of last year where Wagner and Ellingson were taking minutes.
Correct, but I saw a video of him working out hard!!That all makes sense except for Dailey needing to get the back up minutes at SG an SF. Why does he need to get those minutes? I think Baer ends up getting those minutes before Dailey. In fact, I could see Dailey getting pushed back out of the rotation altogether kinda like 2 years ago. I mean, he kinda really sucksI think there is a potential collective Uthoff effect on his minutes (hopefully) from player addition and improvement. It all has a ripple effect. I hate to do a minutes distribution and piss off @FrodoTBaggin and multiple others, but here we go....Last year was the anamoly. His first season was only a little bit worse per minute than 16-17 but they obviously needed fewer minutes with Uthoff playing the same combo forward role at an all American level. Unless you think there's another Uthoff on this team I don't think his minutes should be cut way back to freshman levels again unless he's shooting like shit.
Connor takes away nearly all the minutes at PG that Dailey got. Moss hopefully figured things out and can stay on the floor at SG. Wieskamp is likely a starter and impact player and from his interview they see him almost exclusively on the wing. Dailey is improved and will need to get the back up minutes at SG and SF.
Because all of these things the minutes that were available at the PG / SG / SF positions the last 2 years are greatly reduced.
Now you look at the PF / C position and you have to figure out how to split up 80 minutes between Cook, Garza, Nunge, Pemsl, Kreiner and Baer. You know that Cook is getting 30 of those and Garza is getting 25 minutes. You have 25 minutes left for Pemsl, Baer and Kreiner.
Again, the danger for Iowa is Fran not knowing how to effectively split minutes up for everyone and too many players to keep happy. At least this year the players are going to likely be better instead of last year where Wagner and Ellingson were taking minutes.
Who the fuck, EXACTLY, said that shit?Correct, but I saw a video of him working out hard!!That all makes sense except for Dailey needing to get the back up minutes at SG an SF. Why does he need to get those minutes? I think Baer ends up getting those minutes before Dailey. In fact, I could see Dailey getting pushed back out of the rotation altogether kinda like 2 years ago. I mean, he kinda really sucksI think there is a potential collective Uthoff effect on his minutes (hopefully) from player addition and improvement. It all has a ripple effect. I hate to do a minutes distribution and piss off @FrodoTBaggin and multiple others, but here we go....
Connor takes away nearly all the minutes at PG that Dailey got. Moss hopefully figured things out and can stay on the floor at SG. Wieskamp is likely a starter and impact player and from his interview they see him almost exclusively on the wing. Dailey is improved and will need to get the back up minutes at SG and SF.
Because all of these things the minutes that were available at the PG / SG / SF positions the last 2 years are greatly reduced.
Now you look at the PF / C position and you have to figure out how to split up 80 minutes between Cook, Garza, Nunge, Pemsl, Kreiner and Baer. You know that Cook is getting 30 of those and Garza is getting 25 minutes. You have 25 minutes left for Pemsl, Baer and Kreiner.
Again, the danger for Iowa is Fran not knowing how to effectively split minutes up for everyone and too many players to keep happy. At least this year the players are going to likely be better instead of last year where Wagner and Ellingson were taking minutes.
Baer fucking sucks at SG though.
Who knows, there will be injuries and surprises. 2 years ago we were talking about Christian Williams starting and Dale Jones playing minutes. Last year about Williams being a solid back up and Ellingson not being worthless.
Your mom.Who the fuck, EXACTLY, said that shit?Correct, but I saw a video of him working out hard!!That all makes sense except for Dailey needing to get the back up minutes at SG an SF. Why does he need to get those minutes? I think Baer ends up getting those minutes before Dailey. In fact, I could see Dailey getting pushed back out of the rotation altogether kinda like 2 years ago. I mean, he kinda really sucks
Baer fucking sucks at SG though.
Who knows, there will be injuries and surprises. 2 years ago we were talking about Christian Williams starting and Dale Jones playing minutes. Last year about Williams being a solid back up and Ellingson not being worthless.
First time ever when “your mom” was probably accurate. I’m 99% sure she was rooting for Brady because he “looks like a nice boy”.Your mom.Who the fuck, EXACTLY, said that shit?Correct, but I saw a video of him working out hard!!
Baer fucking sucks at SG though.
Who knows, there will be injuries and surprises. 2 years ago we were talking about Christian Williams starting and Dale Jones playing minutes. Last year about Williams being a solid back up and Ellingson not being worthless.
@AZmess dawg as well.
I would rather watch Dailey try to defend the wing than Baer.I actually think Dailey has some solid upside. He was perhaps our most willing defender and knocked down 3s
Baer gets a few steals and blocks but hes the worst fundamental defender on the team.I would rather watch Dailey try to defend the wing than Baer.I actually think Dailey has some solid upside. He was perhaps our most willing defender and knocked down 3s
Baer gets a few steals and blocks but hes the worst fundamental defender on the team.I would rather watch Dailey try to defend the wing than Baer.I actually think Dailey has some solid upside. He was perhaps our most willing defender and knocked down 3s
Yeah, Baer is going to end up playing more than what most people want and Nolook will remind us every 2-3 games that he needs to get stronger and he gets lost on defense too much.
He is a more composed and fundamental offensive player, but I agree that he doesn’t know how to and/or physically can’t keep his ass down and keep someone in front of him.Baer gets a few steals and blocks but hes the worst fundamental defender on the team.I would rather watch Dailey try to defend the wing than Baer.I actually think Dailey has some solid upside. He was perhaps our most willing defender and knocked down 3s
I know people repeating themselves is a pet peeve of yours, Mouse.Baer gets a few steals and blocks but hes the worst fundamental defender on the team.I would rather watch Dailey try to defend the wing than Baer.Yeah, Baer is going to end up playing more than what most people want and Nolook will remind us every 2-3 games that he needs to get stronger and he gets lost on defense too much.
Not exactly about repeating, but that was fucking beautiful to see you post that a couple days after @HawkLax6 posted it.I know people repeating themselves is a pet peeve of yours, Mouse.Baer gets a few steals and blocks but hes the worst fundamental defender on the team.Yeah, Baer is going to end up playing more than what most people want and Nolook will remind us every 2-3 games that he needs to get stronger and he gets lost on defense too much.
What??????? Baer is fucking horrible at anything other than sub PFBaer shouldn't be playing SG but he's been fine at SF. I think he will and probably should get minutes there over Dailey, and I like Dailey.
Wieskamp is going to be Iowa’s best player in 2019-20. Guy is going to be an all American by the time he leaves
One of the biggest issues last year were guards breaking down defensively. Dailey showed he can stay in front of guys, had a much better year shooting than Baer and can handle the ball. Sure he looked like shit sometimes but Fran forced him to play fucking PG. There are so many guys playing out of position sometimes it's hard to get a feel for what a guy would do playing only their natural position.That all makes sense except for Dailey needing to get the back up minutes at SG an SF. Why does he need to get those minutes? I think Baer ends up getting those minutes before Dailey. In fact, I could see Dailey getting pushed back out of the rotation altogether kinda like 2 years ago. I mean, he kinda really sucksI think there is a potential collective Uthoff effect on his minutes (hopefully) from player addition and improvement. It all has a ripple effect. I hate to do a minutes distribution and piss off @FrodoTBaggin and multiple others, but here we go....Last year was the anamoly. His first season was only a little bit worse per minute than 16-17 but they obviously needed fewer minutes with Uthoff playing the same combo forward role at an all American level. Unless you think there's another Uthoff on this team I don't think his minutes should be cut way back to freshman levels again unless he's shooting like shit.
Connor takes away nearly all the minutes at PG that Dailey got. Moss hopefully figured things out and can stay on the floor at SG. Wieskamp is likely a starter and impact player and from his interview they see him almost exclusively on the wing. Dailey is improved and will need to get the back up minutes at SG and SF.
Because all of these things the minutes that were available at the PG / SG / SF positions the last 2 years are greatly reduced.
Now you look at the PF / C position and you have to figure out how to split up 80 minutes between Cook, Garza, Nunge, Pemsl, Kreiner and Baer. You know that Cook is getting 30 of those and Garza is getting 25 minutes. You have 25 minutes left for Pemsl, Baer and Kreiner.
Again, the danger for Iowa is Fran not knowing how to effectively split minutes up for everyone and too many players to keep happy. At least this year the players are going to likely be better instead of last year where Wagner and Ellingson were taking minutes.
Nope. Guy is a studPump the brakes
He played a ton of SF in 16-17 and was goodWhat??????? Baer is fucking horrible at anything other than sub PFBaer shouldn't be playing SG but he's been fine at SF. I think he will and probably should get minutes there over Dailey, and I like Dailey.
This Trent guy sounds like a real faggot.@Miller17 please get Trent back to this board ASAP to explain his rationale for saying live over the air in the #71 US radio market that Iowa State, who finished last in the Big 12 and adds coveted, dynamic, game changing transfers Shayok (8.9 ppg) and Jacobson (6 ppg), has a better chance of MAKING THE SWEET SIXTEEN next year than the Iowa Hawkeyes do of MAKING THE TOURNAMENT.
Your listeners want to better understand this scorching taek so our expectations are properly calibrated heading into summer.
comegetyourwhoopin.gif
on it, I’ll report back.@Miller17 please get Trent back to this board ASAP to explain his rationale for saying live over the air in the #71 US radio market that Iowa State, who finished last in the Big 12 and adds coveted, dynamic, game changing transfers Shayok (8.9 ppg) and Jacobson (6 ppg), has a better chance of MAKING THE SWEET SIXTEEN next year than the Iowa Hawkeyes do of MAKING THE TOURNAMENT.
Your listeners want to better understand this scorching taek so our expectations are properly calibrated heading into summer.
comegetyourwhoopin.gif
If you remember, tell Trent that DougieB thinks he is a huge fucking moron.on it, I’ll report back.@Miller17 please get Trent back to this board ASAP to explain his rationale for saying live over the air in the #71 US radio market that Iowa State, who finished last in the Big 12 and adds coveted, dynamic, game changing transfers Shayok (8.9 ppg) and Jacobson (6 ppg), has a better chance of MAKING THE SWEET SIXTEEN next year than the Iowa Hawkeyes do of MAKING THE TOURNAMENT.
Your listeners want to better understand this scorching taek so our expectations are properly calibrated heading into summer.
comegetyourwhoopin.gif
AZMessDaDawg!!!!!!!And that he calls himself dougie b
I always thought Ellingson was solid.Your mom.Who the fuck, EXACTLY, said that shit?Correct, but I saw a video of him working out hard!!
Baer fucking sucks at SG though.
Who knows, there will be injuries and surprises. 2 years ago we were talking about Christian Williams starting and Dale Jones playing minutes. Last year about Williams being a solid back up and Ellingson not being worthless.
@AZmess dawg as well.
Ellingson was drafted as the 4th Drake player in the CapCity league draft last night. Behind stalwarts Nick McGlynn, Tremell Murphy, and Anthony Murphy. And will team up with ISU freshmen Talen Horton-Tucker and Zion Griffin along with Carlo Marble (and a bunch of guys I don't recognize)I always thought Ellingson was solid.
And yes, AZMessDawg has blindly supported 1 - Todd The Criminal; and 2 - Brady Ellingson.
Incorrect on both counts.I always thought Ellingson was solid.
And yes, AZMessDawg has blindly supported 1 - Todd The Criminal and 2 - Brady Ellingson.
And he didn’t even sign up for the cap city league!!Ellingson was drafted as the 4th Drake player in the CapCity league draft last night. Behind stalwarts Nick McGlynn, Tremell Murphy, and Anthony Murphy. And will team up with ISU freshmen Talen Horton-Tucker and Zion Griffin along with Carlo Marble (and a bunch of guys I don't recognize)I always thought Ellingson was solid.
And yes, AZMessDawg has blindly supported 1 - Todd The Criminal; and 2 - Brady Ellingson.
/Ellingson update you don't care about
Cameron Lard will not be playing because he's spending the summer learning about the food pyramid and also the best way to organize his closet.Ellingson was drafted as the 4th Drake player in the CapCity league draft last night. Behind stalwarts Nick McGlynn, Tremell Murphy, and Anthony Murphy. And will team up with ISU freshmen Talen Horton-Tucker and Zion Griffin along with Carlo Marble (and a bunch of guys I don't recognize)I always thought Ellingson was solid.
And yes, AZMessDawg has blindly supported 1 - Todd The Criminal; and 2 - Brady Ellingson.
/Ellingson update you don't care about
On today’s show I brought up Trent’s shortsightedness towards Iowa’s 18/19 MBB season at the same time professing my support for the Sexiest Site on the Interweb”I’m thinking he won’t report back.
Unless you are the crazy.If you are D1 baller you gotta be able to weed out the crazy better than this.
Now officialOn a scheduling note, I’d be shocked if Iowa doesn’t get Oregon first round at the 2K. That leaves UCONN and Syracuse as the other matchup. Oregon and Syracuse will both likely be ranked in the top 25.
Now officialOn a scheduling note, I’d be shocked if Iowa doesn’t get Oregon first round at the 2K. That leaves UCONN and Syracuse as the other matchup. Oregon and Syracuse will both likely be ranked in the top 25.
Be interesting to see a Nunge/Bol Bol matchup.Now officialOn a scheduling note, I’d be shocked if Iowa doesn’t get Oregon first round at the 2K. That leaves UCONN and Syracuse as the other matchup. Oregon and Syracuse will both likely be ranked in the top 25.
Carver half full? Why the big crowds?Cook going full "NCAA where's my money pay the athletes" while arguing with twitter trolls.
I'm sure this will end well and there totally won't be people pointing out Iowa was in last place and Carver was half full.