2020 recruiting

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Iowa is his best offer and he seemed to really, really like his visit here. I honestly think part of the delay was waiting to see what Foster was going to do. Lots more playing time available with Foster going elsewhere. Call me a homer, but I like Iowa here

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Iowa is his best offer and he seemed to really, really like his visit here. I honestly think part of the delay was waiting to see what Foster was going to do. Lots more playing time available with Foster going elsewhere. Call me a homer, but I like Iowa here
upload_2019-11-12_21-31-55.gif

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I really don't have a good feeling about this one.
On the bright side, I've never been less impressed by a highlight video.

It looks like he can barely jump and his shot looks goofy.

Are we trying to sign the least impressive class in BIG history? Because if so, we are killing it.
That video is from 2015-2016. There isn’t anything else more recent on him. He has some decent offers.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Decent footwork, big frame. Not overly athletic but he’s got some skill. Providence and Cincinnati offers, we are in no place to act like he’s not good enough for us if he commits to Iowa.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Considering the future of the post position in our program currently rests on the shoulders of Jack Nunge I will pay him a thousand million dollars to come here.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Its 2019 and we appear to be on the verge of signing a player who only has one highlight video and it’s from four years ago. I’m stunned that’s even possible

Well done Francis.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
He is legit athletic despite his undefined body. He is also stronger than any post player we currently have.

Iowa could do a lot worse.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
He is legit athletic despite his undefined body. He is also stronger than any post player we currently have.

Iowa could do a lot worse.
Right. This kid has potential. And that’s exactly it- if Iowa misses out on Ogundele, plan C is going to likely be massively worse. It’d be nice to catch a break and get him.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
He moves better than the big men currently on the roster. I like that gym.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Something leaked. All of the 247 crystal balls for Ogundele have swung in Iowa’s favor.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
he's a big motherfucker with soft hands and decent footwork. he can't jump over a phone book, but that means he'll fit right in.

ogundele and ulis will give fran competent, big ten bench-level players at the 1 and the 5. perkins may or may not last three years. the murrays will be tall and give announcers the chance to mention their dad, and perhaps matt rogers (who was iowa's quarterback from 1990-91).

sign at least one ranked kid or pack it in next year, fran.

Last edited:

hawkstud44

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Its 2019 and we appear to be on the verge of signing a player who only has one highlight video and it’s from four years ago. I’m stunned that’s even possible

Well done Francis.
Theres multiple highlight videos from just this year. FWIW

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
When does Sibley officially tel us no? Next week?

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
Well, at least Fran might have finally picked up a recruit with a P5 offer again. Rutgers still counts as a P5 offer, right?

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Cincinnati is probably the better offer, even if not a P5.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Rutgers is Rutgers, but he is a good coach, so that has to be something.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
Finally, a kid who won't get pushed around in East Lansing. I like.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I'm very surprised he chose Iowa with how well he got along with foster. Good for Fran though, needed a big guy for next year

douglasbader

Reaction score
The diversity infusion class of 2020 continues
Fran can't recruit black guys though, they don't want to play for him!!

(2020 class is comprised of 5 black guys including from Chicago and Africa)

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Good get. A positive development when it was sorely needed.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
I hereby predict that 24 months from now we would refuse the notion of swapping this guy for Foster.

Bob

Reaction score

I mean it's easier when most of them didn't have a ton of other options.

This is a legit good get though. They badly need a center who can actually provide some defensive help; that's been by far the biggest issue with the team since Woodbury graduated.

I think he and Ulis are both going to wind up being solid players who contribute. The issue is just the rest of the class and striking out on Foster when they had so much working in their favor there.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
I hereby predict that 24 months from now we would refuse the notion of swapping this guy for Foster.
It could end up like an Aaron White/Georges Niang situation where both teams are happy with the way it turned out.

douglasbader

Reaction score

This is a legit good get though. They badly need a center who can actually provide some defensive help; that's been by far the biggest issue with the team since Woodbury graduated.
I'm shocked that highly ranked players that have offers from players like Syracuse, Kansas, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio State and other schools chose them over Iowa.

Weird, almost like it is easier for those schools to get players over schools like Iowa because they are better and not because of race.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

I think he and Ulis are both going to wind up being solid players who contribute. The issue is just the rest of the class and striking out on Foster when they had so much working in their favor there.
FYI Ulis picked Fran over the team that just kicked our collective cracker asses

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score

Yeah I have no issue with Ulis or Ogundele. The other 3 though...

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
#300 overall player with questionable athleticism but intriguing raw size and skills
vs.
#65 overall player with top athleticism, more polished skills, and possibly a questionable work ethic

That's a big limb to step out on, but recruiting 18 year olds is a guessing game. Hope you're wrong for my fandom's sake, but will be interesting to see play out.

douglasbader

Reaction score
#300 overall player with questionable athleticism but intriguing raw size and skills
vs.
#65 overall player with top athleticism, more polished skills, and possibly a questionable work ethic

That's a big limb to step out on, but recruiting 18 year olds is a guessing game. Hope you're wrong for my fandom's sake, but will be interesting to see play out.
Foster has fallen down to #65? Sheesh. I wonder if he will even be in the Top 100 by the end of his Senior year.

(that isn't a shot on you or a troll)

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
vs.

Foster has fallen down to #65? Sheesh. I wonder if he will even be in the Top 100 by the end of his Senior year.

I was going off of memory. Looks like he's #59 on 247 composite right now. (Rivals and ESPN both have him in the 50s) Which is basically where he started in fall of 2017. Had rose to a high of 24 last September. I don't think he played for a major AAU circuit team, so not surprised he fell. Doubt he falls out of the top 100 with his measurables and history. (Pretty similar to Patrick Mc who was a high of 31, but finished at 86)

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
vs.

I was going off of memory. Looks like he's #59 on 247 composite right now. (Rivals and ESPN both have him in the 50s) Which is basically where he started in fall of 2017. Had rose to a high of 24 last September. I don't think he played for a major AAU circuit team, so not surprised he fell. Doubt he falls out of the top 100 with his measurables and history. (Pretty similar to Patrick Mc who was a high of 31, but finished at 86)
He basically didn't play any AAU this past summer. Had a foot injury.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
vs.

I doubt Ogundele has a better freshman or sophomore year. How long does Foster stick around though before he goes and gets drafted on his potential? I’d easily rather have Foster, but I think it’s plausible for Ogundeles last two years to be better than Fosters only two years if indeed he leaves early.

I think it’s all pretty moot because they are totally different players and Fran would’ve taken both and not blinked. For all of his strengths, Foster isn’t physical enough to play center in the big ten and tends to hang out on the perimeter, so the need for a center would’ve still been there.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
vs.

This is just stupid. He’s not dropping out of the Top 100.