***2024-2025 Iowa Men’s Basketball Season Thread***

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
34,664
Reaction score
2,778
I like what I've seen so far. They're going to contend for a tourney bid.
 

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
45,873
Reaction score
3,123
I’ve seen it hinted that money is being withheld for NIL until Fran leave. I fucking doubt that’s the case.
 

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Joined
Aug 23, 2007
Messages
97,958
Reaction score
37,297
I’ve seen it hinted that money is being withheld for NIL until Fran leave. I fucking doubt that’s the case.
easy to say certainly, but it’s guaranteed hoops NIL will suck under Fran. question is whether it also will suck after he’s gone no matter who we hire. it might
 

Herbie2

knows things he probably shouldn’t know
Joined
Oct 3, 2015
Messages
7,102
Reaction score
4,428
I’ve seen it hinted that money is being withheld for NIL until Fran leave. I fucking doubt that’s the case.
I don’t know her current stance, but initially Marge was telling people to not give to Swarm as she didn’t trust Brad and didn’t think he’d help the hoops program.
 

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Joined
Jan 21, 2015
Messages
28,809
Reaction score
-30,213
I would need to see our plan before getting rid of Fran. NIL has changed our candidate pool. Right now, I go into each selection Sunday with hope. I remember that’s all I wanted during the Lick era. Never see
All I've ever wanted is to get to the 2nd weekend

Prob never gonna see it
 

HerkyHopeful

Member
Joined
May 27, 2014
Messages
14,077
Reaction score
6,946
I don’t know her current stance, but initially Marge was telling people to not give to Swarm as she didn’t trust Brad and didn’t think he’d help the hoops program.
What a fat, dumb bitch (if true).
 

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
45,873
Reaction score
3,123
I don’t know her current stance, but initially Marge was telling people to not give to Swarm as she didn’t trust Brad and didn’t think he’d help the hoops program.
Source?
 

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
26,412
Reaction score
3,710
I don’t know her current stance, but initially Marge was telling people to not give to Swarm as she didn’t trust Brad and didn’t think he’d help the hoops program.
She didn’t want anyone getting more playing time or NIL money than Patrick’s massive Falbo’s payout.
 

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Joined
Oct 20, 2007
Messages
53,325
Reaction score
-12,541
Large Marge: "NIL...that should help, right? Tammy said Paul told her you could have like $5 million for recruits."

Fran: "Well, most of that $5 million will probably go to football."

Large Marge with The Obese Housewives of Johnson County: "Tell your husbands not to bother. Football will get it all."
 

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
45,873
Reaction score
3,123
Yeah this seems so plausible.
 

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
45,873
Reaction score
3,123
Just think for just one minute how that absurd that is and what would have to be true.
 

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
22,600
Reaction score
4,432
Just think for just one minute how that absurd that is and what would have to be true.
The way it is being framed, for sure. She wasn't turning down money. But I do remember some guy working with the basketball team in regards to NIL, I wish I could remember the guys name- I could see Marge telling donors to go through him instead of the Swarm.
 

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
22,600
Reaction score
4,432
The NIL era has not affected our recruiting at all.
Hard to know. According to Kalert Spurlock is largely responsible for getting a lot of talent to visit, but the NIL wasn't available to get them to commit.

It would make sense that Iowa finally gets a guy who can recruit, when it no longer matters.
 

kmurp

Can't get Jak out
Joined
Jan 28, 2012
Messages
3,552
Reaction score
1,039
So does ISU have a much larger NIL than Iowa?
 

HerkyHopeful

Member
Joined
May 27, 2014
Messages
14,077
Reaction score
6,946
They always got talent on campus, well before NIL was a thing. They had trouble closing before NIL as well.

There's likely a couple guys they miss on now that may have landed five years ago. Pre-NIL they likely land Estrella, who ended up at Tennessee.
 

hawkstud44

Probably Needs to GFH
Joined
Oct 19, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
113
I don’t know her current stance, but initially Marge was telling people to not give to Swarm as she didn’t trust Brad and didn’t think he’d help the hoops program.
Which pretty much ended up being true. I don't think Brad cares too much about MBB. Not even saying he should, obviously gotta take care of football first.
 

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
87,144
Reaction score
1,542
Which pretty much ended up being true. I don't think Brad cares too much about MBB. Not even saying he should, obviously gotta take care of football first.
I don’t even agree with that. You can make a bigger impact more quickly in hoops.
 

shoot-the-three

Probably Needs to GFH
Joined
Sep 2, 2010
Messages
907
Reaction score
625
In a couple of years Fran can use all of Iowa's NIL money to bring Marge and Jack home.
 

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
15,037
Reaction score
-3,379
He’s also made 4 more threes in 10 games this year than in 31 games last year despite attempting 16 more. Hes currently shooting 46% from three, with his best previous year being 34%. Maybe Fran really did break his kids’ shots.
 

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
45,873
Reaction score
3,123
P. McCaffery defensive intensity watch:

After a brief hot streak where he picked up two fouls three games in a row, Patrick now has zero fouls in his last two games whileplaying 65 minutes. Overall he now has 7 fouls in 334 minutes of game action, or one foul per 48 minutes played.
Who the fuck cares
 

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
87,144
Reaction score
1,542
He’s also made 4 more threes in 10 games this year than in 31 games last year despite attempting 16 more. Hes currently shooting 46% from three, with his best previous year being 34%. Maybe Fran really did break his kids’ shots.
I’m guessing he had more time to get in the gym once he finished his doctorate
 
Top