Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
I don't expect anything less than you guys dogging on ISU, and to be perfectly honest they've earned a lot of that static.

That being said, the facilities there now are 50 times better than they were when I was in school not even two decades ago.

For taking a page out of the finest in 1970s East German architecture, they've done a nice job of improving JTS. The next project should be an expansion of the press box/luxury suites.

Reaction score
I don't expect anything less than you guys dogging on ISU, and to be perfectly honest they've earned a lot of that static.

That being said, the facilities there now are 50 times better than they were when I was in school not even two decades ago.

For taking a page out of the finest in 1970s East German architecture, they've done a nice job of improving JTS. The next project should be an expansion of the press box/luxury suites.
They do a really nice job with the turf, that field always looks good even late into the season.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I was there from 98-02 and it is significantly better.

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score
Expecting the smallest crowd in 12 years at Kinnick Saturday. Iowa State fans are loyal, I'll give them that.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
The next project should involve dynamite and a crater.

Reaction score
Jamie Pollard has a plaque reading "A sucker is born every minute" prominently displayed in his office.

61,500 people paying, while perhaps not "good money", but at least some money to watch what is an objectively bad football program.

Similar mentality to serial lottery players.

Pseudonym

Has a Tagline
Reaction score
Jamie Pollard has a plaque reading "A sucker is born every minute" prominently displayed in his office.

61,500 people paying, while perhaps not "good money", but at least some money to watch what is an objectively bad football program.

He's the anti barta. He explicitly said they've done as much as they can to encourage tailgating, etc so that people will come and theyve made it a lot more than just about football. They have let people into the parking lots to tailgate at 6 am for a 7pm kickoff, they still let people leave at halftime and come back in, they actively market to the 30 and under crowd, etc.

I know there will be a lot of smart ass comments about those decisions, but i think its worked out well and if we can ever have some actual success, he has a monster on his hands(fan support wise).

Reaction score
He's the anti barta. He explicitly said they've done as much as they can to encourage tailgating, etc so that people will come and theyve made it a lot more than just about football. They have let people into the parking lots to tailgate at 6 am for a 7pm kickoff, they still let people leave at halftime and come back in.
He is just a compassionate guy who realizes that if ISU is going to subject fans to its product on the field he should at least let them be as drunk as humanly possible.

Reaction score

He's the anti barta. He explicitly said they've done as much as they can to encourage tailgating, etc so that people will come and theyve made it a lot more than just about football. They have let people into the parking lots to tailgate at 6 am for a 7pm kickoff, they still let people leave at halftime and come back in, they actively market to the 30 and under crowd, etc.

I know there will be a lot of smart ass comments about those decisions, but i think its worked out well and if we can ever have some actual success, he has a monster on his hands(fan support wise).
But not during harvest.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
57k is disappointing. We all knew season tics were down, but assumed many of the former season ticket holders would buy on the secondary market.

Living in central Iowa as an Iowa fan is going to be very difficult if Iowa losses to Iowa State again.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score

Pollard has done what he's had to do. People aren't going to show up for a shitty product so he's sold other aspects of gameday.

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
57k is disappointing. We all knew season tics were down, but assumed many of the former season ticket holders would buy on the secondary market.

Living in central Iowa as an Iowa fan is going to be very difficult if Iowa losses to Iowa State again.
Sarge thinks it's going to be 50K.

The Dad

Legitimately Bald Forever and Stupid Looking
Reaction score
Clown football: actual seats, nice grass, potential monster
3 wins a year and they just can't get enough.

They're more retarded than everyone thought they were.

newsbreaker

Reaction score
lol. A "monster". Sell out two games against in-state opponents and it's a monster fanbase.

By November there will be barely 50,000 people there, if that, as always.

Reaction score
Most AD's like to throw some shitty games into the mini packs. Not Jamie Pollard though. He's a wily one.

Reaction score
Pollard has been smart to keep the cost to get in the door pretty low. that's good, especially for building a fan base. they could also benefit from being adjacent to a growing and prosperous METRO!, although that might mean (GASP) getting some non-alumni fans. have to be careful though, rope in fans with low prices too low and it's going to be tough to increase if the winning ever comes (lol)

BTW, my brother (ISU senior) got an e-mail yesterday saying less than 1k tickets remained so, um, "sellout".

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
lol. A "monster". Sell out two games against in-state opponents and it's a monster fanbase.

By November there will be barely 50,000 people there, if that, as always.
But that's because of harvest!
I've always wondered who would milk the cows if any of them ever went to a bowl game. I guess cross that bridge when they get there.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
have to be careful though, rope in fans with low prices too low and it's going to be tough to increase if the winning ever comes (lol)
That does become a concern. I-Cubs are a great example. They are very fan-friendly with promotions on stuff inside the stadium, but have resisted (more than The Energy, the various hockey teams, Barnstormers, etc.) discounting and giving away tickets. Don't want to give impression to paying fans that they should just wait for the giveaway.

newsbreaker

Reaction score
have to be careful though, rope in fans with low prices too low and it's going to be tough to increase if the winning ever comes (lol)
That does become a concern. I-Cubs are a great example. They are very fan-friendly with promotions on stuff inside the stadium, but have resisted (more than The Energy, the various hockey teams, Barnstormers, etc.) discounting and giving away tickets. Don't want to give impression to paying fans that they should just wait for the giveaway.
They draw like crazy though, where the others don't. They're going to have the 6th highest attendance in the PCL despite being the second-smallest market. It's really quite impressive.

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
The I-Cubs never really have to give away tickets.

What's not to like about sitting in the stands with a cold (albeit overpriced) beer and watching some baseball? That's an easy sell in the summer.

Winter sports like hockey and basketball are a different story. Not as easy to get people out when it's 10-below on a weeknight in January.

newsbreaker

Reaction score
Not to mention being the affiliate of the most popular pro-sports team in town. I truly believe if it's the I-Royals, attendance falls significantly.

Reaction score
theyve made it a lot more than just about football.
Well, yeah. Sadly, that's what it seems like Iowa is starting to do. It's in the early stages, but I'm fucking tired of hearing Kirk and Brian talk about the fan experience and how Kirk was an ass during his press conferences; fuck off and win games.

Reaction score
Iowa State is big in Des Moines, Omaha, and Kansas City.

Reaction score
See my post earlier where Walmart's add in Des Moines did not include a single Iowa State logo item in its two page ad of CFB gear. Teams included: Nebrantska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Missouri(!), Notre Dame, USC.

Cykotherapy

Ohh.....hat
Reaction score
See my post earlier where Walmart's add in Des Moines did not include a single Iowa State logo item in its two page ad of CFB gear. Teams included: Nebrantska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Missouri(!), Notre Dame, USC.
LOL. Such a great burn he needed to post it twice!!! Walmart doesn't carry ISU gear. Oh noes!!!

HSP_Hawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
LOL. Such a great burn he needed to post it twice!!! Walmart doesn't carry ISU gear. Oh noes!!!
Well, when the store of choice for a team's fan base doesn't carry that team's gear in the local market, that does say something.

Reaction score
They draw like crazy though, where the others don't. They're going to have the 6th highest attendance in the PCL despite being the second-smallest market. It's really quite impressive.
The I-Cubs never really have to give away tickets.

What's not to like about sitting in the stands with a cold (albeit overpriced) beer and watching some baseball? That's an easy sell in the summer.

Winter sports like hockey and basketball are a different story. Not as easy to get people out when it's 10-below on a weeknight in January.
how about we quit praising a minor league baseball team and go back to making fun of Iowa State, thanks.

Pseudonym

Has a Tagline
Reaction score
They're too dumb to realize what they're posting. Pretty much all of those schools are known for having the vast majority of their fan bases be uneducated poors that hasn't been within sight of a college classroom in their lifetime. So much so, there's even a phrase for it--called--shockingly, Wal Mart Wolverines!

http://walmartwolverines.com/

Reaction score
it's really funny that ISU fans brag about how all of their fans went there (well, maybe a few spouses, but y'all mostly intermarry). "Look at how self-contained our fan base is!!!"

Reaction score
it's really funny that ISU fans brag about how all of their fans went there (well, maybe a few spouses, but y'all mostly intermarry). "Look at how self-contained our fan base is!!!"
He's too dumb to realize what he's posting. Successful programs have more fans. Oh noes!!