Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Ubben drew parallels to Kansas State, which utilized recruitment of players from junior colleges and developed talent level to remain competitive. Kansas State made it to a BCS bowl in 2003, but Ubben said Iowa State is not yet at that level.

However, that does not deter Knott from shooting for a BCS bowl this season — something that was vastly thought to be unthinkable of the team’s expectations four years ago.

Lololololol
Uh, what?

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Ubben drew parallels to Kansas State, which utilized recruitment of players from junior colleges and developed talent level to remain competitive. Kansas State made it to a BCS bowl in 2003, but Ubben said Iowa State is not yet at that level.

However, that does not deter Knott from shooting for a BCS bowl this season — something that was vastly thought to be unthinkable of the team’s expectations four years ago.

Lololololol
No way this was actually written. This was thousands of times more "thinkable" four years ago. And it wasn't thinkable by any rational person then. BTW, Clones sure like their themes, don't they? Did they now give up on "all in"?

Last edited:

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
The other thing I'm wondering with all the culture change talk. Do they realize that Rhoads is the same shitty coach that let the previous culture happen? And that they brought a bunch of trash-talking jucos that all say their going to be POY to change the me-first culture they're trying to change? Can't wait for the meltdown. But really as long as we don't lose to them I don't really care. Well maybe a little.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
Looking at the 10 current Big 12 schools all-time coaching history, only two coaches have lost 6+ games in each of their first six seasons at the school: Paul Rhoads at Iowa State (2009-14) and Doug Weaver at Kansas State (seven seasons between 1960-66).

Reaction score
The other thing I'm wondering with all the culture change talk. Do they realize that Rhoads is the same shitty coach that let the previous culture happen? And that they brought a bunch of trash-talking jucos that all say their going to be POY to change the me-first culture they're trying to change? Can't wait for the meltdown. But really as long as we don't lose to them I don't really care. Well maybe a little.
that article was from 2012 FWIW. they were 3-0 and about to kickoff the B12 with a home game against Texas Tech. they actually lost but then won at #13 TCU, at that point they were 4-1 (1-1) and Rhoads had a 22-21 career record. lost narrowly to #5 K-State (they were ranked #25), finished 6-7 (3-6) with a blowout loss to Tulsa in their bowl. Since that article Rhoads is 8-26.

Reaction score
Some funny capsules in there:

15. LSU 16
LSU's arrest rate is top 15 in the country, yet just the 9th best in the SEC. That's so Les.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
6. Iowa State 20

Don't judge. If you lived in Ames, Iowa you'd get arrested too. Jail is actually the most fun attraction within 100 miles.
Iowa City is 129 miles. Thanks for the implied props fox sports.
12. Iowa 18

Iowa and Iowa State represents the most felonious rivalry in college football.* *Between two teams that never win anything.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score

Lololololol
Uh, what?
He's quoting the "change in culture" article from the student newspaper, the picture from above.

Keep the fuck up, Dad.

Pseudonym

Has a Tagline
Reaction score
Just bought my flight to CR on Sept 10th, going to Iowa/ISU game then flying back west that Monday. Only games I could make this year was UNI, Iowa or Oklahoma State. Figured with a new stadium configuration and a sellout, the first game has a very good chance of being a total logistical disaster, hopefully they are quick learners. Will accept BE A MAN NOT AN ESS bumper stickers for unlimited beers.

Reaction score
Just bought my flight to CR on Sept 10th, going to Iowa/ISU game then flying back west that Monday. Only games I could make this year was UNI, Iowa or Oklahoma State. Figured with a new stadium configuration and a sellout, the first game has a very good chance of being a total logistical disaster, hopefully they are quick learners. Will accept BE A MAN NOT AN ESS bumper stickers for unlimited beers.
keep us

not posted

Reaction score
It's Ok- you can admit that it's your superbowl. We are already aware of that

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
Figured with a new stadium configuration and a sellout, the first game has a very good chance of being a total logistical disaster
Jesus Christ. How bad could it be?
When you haven't been able to sit in seats before, it's possible to get very disorientated when confronted with a seat.

People will probably try to lie down on blankets over the seats. Maybe even slide down the seats on their butts. It could be chaos.

The Dad

Reaction score
Stadiums with actual seats can be a logistical nightmare when you're fat as fuck and retarded.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
Make sure you go fuck yourself once for each game.

Reaction score
big 12 championships and National championships LOLoLoL

Reaction score
at least he admits that they're little brother. that doesn't mean they're good.

The Dad

Reaction score
Oh, actual seats.

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
Pollard was planning to pitch Roy and Bobbi Reiman in November 2013 about helping fund a south end zone project at Jack Trice Stadium that will fulfill the desires fans had expressed for decades. The Reimans beat Pollard to it on Nov. 15.

“(Roy) sent me an email on that Friday morning,” Pollard said. “It said, ‘Jamie, are you sitting down. If not, please sit down. We’re going to do it. I’ll call you later with the details, but I wanted to give you an opportunity to hoot, holler and jump around first.’”
http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/new-jack-trice-better-than-imagined-20150826

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
Pollard was planning to pitch Roy and Bobbi Reiman in November 2013 about helping fund a south end zone project at Jack Trice Stadium that will fulfill the desires fans had expressed for decades. The Reimans beat Pollard to it on Nov. 15.

“(Roy) sent me an email on that Friday morning,” Pollard said. “It said, ‘Jamie, are you sitting down. If not, please sit down. We’re going to do it. I’ll call you later with the details, but I wanted to give you an opportunity to hoot, holler and jump around first.’”
http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/new-jack-trice-better-than-imagined-20150826

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score

That's considered "bowled in"? Looks like the scoreboard covers most of that area with gaps on both sides.

Reaction score

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I gotta say, ISU has made their stadium look more respectable. It's still one of the worst in the conference and way behind Kinnick, but it certainly no longer looks like a glorified HS stadium.

Reaction score
How is anyone going to find their seats with the changes and all the people.....its going to be pandemonium.

Reaction score
I gotta say, ISU has made their stadium look more respectable. It's still one of the worst in the conference and way behind Kinnick, but it certainly no longer looks like a glorified HS stadium.
yeah, it actually looks okay, although I will maintain the different coloring of bleachers due to fadedness and seatbacks looks really really bad. it's a minor thing but really does stand out.

V

valp0

yeah, it actually looks okay, although I will maintain the different coloring of bleachers due to fadedness and seatbacks looks really really bad. it's a minor thing but really does stand out.
You won't be able to tell once the stands are filled.

Reaction score
I don't get CYTV, could one of you post the Jamie Pollard "take it all in" moment once the weight of the historical moment sinks in.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
r
[/QUOTE]How do you call that "bowled" in? How many fans does that scoreboard hold?[/QUOTE]

horseshoe would be a more accurate term. I wouldn't really call Kinnick bowled in either.[/QUOTE
Yeah I don't know what you would call Kinnick, it's fairly unique. Jack Trice just looks like the scoreboard is the dominant feature rather than seats.[/QUOTE]

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
Third largest building in the conference. That's a lot of empty seats in October and November.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
Third largest building in the conference. That's a lot of empty seats in October and November.
So I'm guessing after Oklahoma and Texas the stadium capacities are pretty small in that conference.