Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Lol. I do think Okie St. is better this year than Oklahoma last year

thrawn

Reaction score
The calculator for something a committee will do has always been dumb, and those odds look really stupid with ND and Clemson at 2 and 4.

Reaction score
63. BROCK PURDY, IOWA STATE
There hasn’t been a bigger disappointment in college football this year than Purdy. He shined as an underclassman in 2018 and 2019 with passing grades of 88.0 and 82.2, respectively, and proved to be one of the best passers in the country when in rhythm. He had a lot of moments where he tried doing too much off structure, but his impressive timing and anticipation were routinely on full display in those two years.

This year, all that good has vanished. Purdy has taken a significant step back, lowering his passing grade to 60.7 while sitting outside the top 100 in both big-time throw rate and turnover-worthy play rate.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
The first year other teams weren't familiar with him and fell for that pump fake on runs and he was able to throw jump balls to 6'6'' Hakeem Butler who was being defended by shitty 5'10'' Big XII defensive backs. Last year he feasted on terrible Big XII defenses and was mediocre to bad against any team with a defensive pulse.

This year his receivers aren't very good, the entire league is familiar with him, and he is exposed as a noodle arm with poor decision making skills.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
The first year other teams weren't familiar with him and fell for that pump fake on runs and he was able to throw jump balls to 6'6'' Hakeem Butler who was being defended by shitty 5'10'' Big XII defensive backs. Last year he feasted on terrible Big XII defenses and was mediocre to bad against any team with a defensive pulse.

This year his receivers aren't very good, the entire league is familiar with him, and he is exposed as a noodle arm with poor decision making skills.
This to me is the biggest thing that has always stuck out and I cannot comprehend how anyone thought that arm was first round talent.

Reaction score
Of course 98% of HaLo also thought Petras was going to be a star, or solid at worst, out of the gate. Glass houses and all...
Apples and oranges my friend.

It took us like 2 games to be sure that Petras wasn't good and the second game was only for confirmation. CyFan posters watched Purdy for 2 years and were rubbing themselves raw about his Heisman chances this summer. This despite all the red flags like getting pulled from the Drake game.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
Of course 98% of HaLo also thought Petras was going to be a star, or solid at worst, out of the gate. Glass houses and all...
Welllllll. To be fair it didn’t take us long to realize petras isn’t a superstar. Only a few games. Whereas your ilk have been declaring noodle cock brock the next Drew Brees for the past several years. Totally exactly the same thing, though.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
A star? Show me one prediction of that. Solid? Competent? Sure.

That’s the biggest difference. Iowa has a good player and we acknowledge he’s good. ISU has a good player and you fuckers try to turn him into a Heisman finalist, every fucking time.

The Dad

Reaction score
Never had that before a quadruple post from one click..
Ok, partner. I guess we’ll take your word for it. That’s us though. Not at all cynical, especially when it comes to QB play from a kid none of us knew dick about.

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Never had that before a quadruple post from one click..
There is no question Petras has a legit arm. Purdy’s arm is below average for a NFL prospect.

Clearly Petras hasn’t figured out, perhaps never will, a pocket presence or touch.

Watch the NFL for a weekend and ask yourself of Purdy could make any of those plays.

Fat Nate got drafted primarily for his arm.

KitKatApples

Reaction score
I would like to see the Petras is going to be an all American and Heisman winner posts. Also if you could please include the Spencer Petras license plates

The Dad

Reaction score
I would like to see the Petras is going to be an all American and Heisman winner posts. Also if you could please include the Spencer Petras license plates
All Douche? Anything other than optimistically hoping he wouldn’t suck.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
I love when eclone thinks he has a PWN against Iowa fans but in reality it always turns out to actually prove the point that Iowa State fans are irrational and crazy.
I know Iowa State fans are irrational and crazy. My issues come when you all don't admit that Iowa fans are, too.

KitKatApples

Reaction score
We do and they are properly ostracized and don't make up 99% of the fan base itself

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
I know Iowa State fans are irrational and crazy. My issues come when you all don't admit that Iowa fans are, too.
There are plenty of idiot Iowa fans, but the comparative proportions aren't even close. Idiot and crazy is the entire ISU culture.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score

eclone

Reaction score
To make a humorous comment, I searched and quickly found an instagram of Tyrese's girlfriend that was all over him on national TV this week during the draft, and provided a link full of bikini pictures of an attractive college woman. Sorry.

I guess next time I'll just upload a video of an over the hill dude in a tucked in white t-shirt doing pushups in front of a file cabinet Chris Cooper in American Beauty style.

eclone

Reaction score
On HaLo? Do you even read the threads? Wtf are you talking about?
Agree, one example would great
Here's a start:

Just start scrolling. Plenty of sane takes. Plenty of over the top crazy ones.