Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
Hardest what? Well, they are a bunch of boners, so I guess it's true in that sense. Aside from that, that hyperbole in the middle of a global pandemic shows an elite level of cluelessness, and that's not even accounting for veterans, etc.

He's a stupid man. More stupidity will soon follow.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score

“Sometimes a man’s biggest strength is to know his own limitations. I am not an elite writer when emotions are involved. I need time.”

9E0BFB27-4103-4B4D-BE54-90B54BDA3496.gif

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score

“Sometimes a man’s biggest strength is to know his own limitations. I am not an elite writer when emotions are involved. I need time.”

View attachment 25143
He must be emotional, like, all the time.

Reaction score
Good team, tied their best ever record for a season, only got trounced once. Won a couple close games that could have gone either way, didn't have to play Iowa. Really good year for them but a top 10 team? They had a top 25 type season good for them. Now the hard part, trying to do it again and that's not likely no matter who they have coming back.
I did a quick two-deep count and it looks like 35 of 42 should be back, unless a couple more guys want a 6th year. I imagine we'd be reasonably optimistic if we had those numbers and a bunch of them were All-Big 10.

I'm rather amazed at how little attrition they seem to have, especially since they bring up quite a few guys from the South. Somehow the ag and engineering town is less racist and welcoming than the "diverse" leftist paradise.(?) No several minute "I'm just not happy and neither are some starters I know" vids. Does their strength guy greet them with hugs each day? Are there daily "We embrace your culture" or " How can we serve you better?" messages?

It must be a veritable paradise.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
I actually don’t give a shit about them doing the black jersey thing (it’s dumb but whatever), but thought this was kinda funny.

“I have decided to retire my cardinal and gold uniform”

(all photos in tweet wearing black jerseys)

2HawkFans

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Well they've never lost in the black unis. So what will happen after they lose a game in them? Will they go back to school colors or is CMC too attached to the black?

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Well they've never lost in the black unis. So what will happen after they lose a game in them? Will they go back to school colors or is CMC too attached to the black?
Yes they have.
nothing.
No.
Yes.

2HawkFans

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Well shit....I forgot about the B12 championship. I was still thinking of all the Twitter talk on the black unis. I'll GFM now........

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
They were definitely a top 15ish or better team. They have some good players. Good players sometimes leave early.
Yes, obviously, I was wondering if these players had a real shot at being taken in the draft this year.

thrawn

Reaction score
Yes, obviously, I was wondering if these players had a real shot at being taken in the draft this year.
They probably have a bunch of guys who are in the 4th-7th round range, which is a tossup to be drafted. I don’t know why HaLo is being dense on this. Geno Stone left early for the draft. It’s not just elite prospects who consider it.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
They have several guys announcing they are coming back...what's the alternative for them?
Of the ones coming back, off the top of my head only purdy is likely drafted, and he'd be probably 5-7 rounds (FIRST!!!!!) . Rose would be drafted as well. Soehmer, allen, foster and anyone else, wouldn't be drafted.

Bailey is leaving, what about Kolar?

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
Of the ones coming back, off the top of my head only purdy is likely drafted, and he'd be probably 5-7 rounds (FIRST!!!!!) . Rose would be drafted as well. Soehmer, allen, foster and anyone else, wouldn't be drafted.

Hall? I'm pretty sure he will get drafted.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
They probably have a bunch of guys who are in the 4th-7th round range, which is a tossup to be drafted. I don’t know why HaLo is being dense on this. Geno Stone left early for the draft. It’s not just elite prospects who consider it.
Stone was an elite college player, but doesn’t have the size or athleticism to do it in the NFL. He was all instincts.

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
Misunderstood the use "of the ones coming back..."

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Misunderstood the use "of the ones coming back..."
My mistake I wasn't clear at all when I mentioned players coming back, it was intended as reference to the guys who had an option to leave for the nfl (barnstormers*)

Reaction score
Are any '20 senior defenders returning? Eisworth, Uwazarike, White, Hummel, Josh Bailey?

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score

Kolar hasn’t announced yet. I’m guessing he’s gone. He’s already graduated with his engineering degree and is certain to be drafted. He would be the only Cyclone player announcing they’re leaving early in the traditional sense. Rose and Purdy were the only two other possibilities and they’re coming back. (Smartly)

Bailey and Soehner have announced they are not using their bonus year. Bailey probably as borderline draft prospect and Soehner to get on with his life. They were both fifth year seniors.

Allen and Foster announced they are using their bonus year. I’m glad they’re both coming back. Allen is an excellent 2nd TE and outstanding leader. Foster was quite possibly my least favorite Cyclone of the Campbell era his first few years. Constantly screwing up and getting abused on the edge. Something clicked this year and he wasn’t a turnstile and was in fact fairly reliable as a starting tackle. Not a bad thing to come back.

I have not idea if any other seniors are thinking of using their bonus year. I hope Hummel does at LB as they really wasted his freshman year losing his RS with a few special teams plays, and he was a solid LB this year. But he’s also a super smart kid that might be ready to move on with his life. And maybe Uwazurike at DL as he is a big time leader on defense and showed this year he could play inside. Another year of tape inside could lead to a pro tryout.

Last edited:

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Are any '20 senior defenders returning? Eisworth, Uwazarike, White, Hummel, Josh Bailey?
None of those five have announced. I’d list the chance any come back in this order:
1. Hummel
2. Uwazarike
3. White

big gap

4. Bailey
5. Eisworth

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
was at the kids house the other night and slipped and said "Clowns". SIL is a Clone grad and one of the few reasonable ones. I need to be better.