Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

HawkeyeJonesEsq

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
To me, when I hear "5 star culture" I think of kids who think they are just destined to win without putting in the work. Also kids who will shut down, transfer or leave early when they don't get their way or are told to change something. So is that good?

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Like Fleck, Campbell staying at Iowa State for the next several years is fascinating to me.

I know we dislike both of them, but you cant deny that both of those dudes have probably had some absurd opportunities come across their desk. Programs which don't have a history of losing or NFL jobs which are quick release but the apex of the profession.

I suppose it is fear of being at a place with high expectations.

Better to be in a place where you have a long leash, and 7-5 and a bowl game makes everyone happy.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Is it really better to be at a place called Ames Iowa over taking your chances somewhere else?

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Like Fleck, Campbell staying at Iowa State for the next several years is fascinating to me.

I know we dislike both of them, but you cant deny that both of those dudes have probably had some absurd opportunities come across their desk. Programs which don't have a history of losing or NFL jobs which are quick release but the apex of the profession.

I suppose it is fear of being at a place with high expectations.

Better to be in a place where you have a long leash, and 7-5 and a bowl game makes everyone happy.
He is going to be their Ferentz. They found a guy that is a giant fucking dork with no agent that can actually coach and develop and seems to be legitimately happy living in Ames and won't run out the door for bigger opportunities.

The only caveats to that is that either he is waiting for the Ohio State job or with the pandemic and team he has returning he is planning to hang in there for one more year and then make a move.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
He is going to be their Ferentz. They found a guy that is a giant fucking dork with no agent that can actually coach and develop and seems to be legitimately happy living in Ames and won't run out the door for bigger opportunities.

The only caveats to that is that either he is waiting for the Ohio State job or with the pandemic and team he has returning he is planning to hang in there for one more year and then make a move.
So he’s either leaving or staying?

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Some details of Campbell’s new contract also came out today. Buyout is down to $4M.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Ive always assumed he’s waiting until after next year as he returns a huge number of upperclassmen/seniors and has had dogshit recruiting since. He goes past that and he’ll be treading in Paul Rhoads waters.

douglasbader

Reaction score
There are plenty of ISU fans that honestly think they’re gonna make the playoff with that guy. Not that the rest of their roster is particularly close to doing so but good lord.
Good luck to them, hope they are ready. Not only will their fan and media expectations (including the players) be so far off the charts that only a Big XII Championship and CFP birth be acceptable, but every other team is going to be gunning for them like never before.

Should be quite the experience if they drop a game early.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Good luck to them, hope they are ready. Not only will their fan and media expectations (including the players) be so far off the charts that only a Big XII Championship and CFP birth be acceptable, but every other team is going to be gunning for them like never before.

Yeah going from the hunter to the hunted (in very loose terms obviously) is going to be quite a reality check for them. It’s a lot easier to pull out a win when the other team thinks you’re a junior college. Shit gets a little harder when they start paying attention and trying.

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
It's gonna be so satisfying to beat their dicks inat their place again.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Yeah going from the hunter to the hunted (in very loose terms obviously) is going to be quite a reality check for them. It’s a lot easier to pull out a win when the other team thinks you’re a junior college. Shit gets a little harder when they start paying attention and trying.
I would smile if they got a taste of what it was like for the 2010 Iowa Football team.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
The big 12 is ass. They will have a similar season. Running game alone is good enough for 6 win

thrawn

Reaction score
Hall is awesome and Purdy is fine but tries to be a hero too much. If I were Hall or one of their TEs I would beat the shit out of him the first time he throws a floater into double coverage.

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Hall is awesome and Purdy is fine but tries to be a hero too much. If I were Hall or one of their TEs I would beat the shit out of him the first time he throws a floater into double coverage.
So the third play of the season?

Reaction score

It became notable to me at some point that for Iowa's most successful seasons (2002, 2009, even 2015) the rosters were loaded with future NFL studs. Each one of these teams had multiple starters who were 1st or 2nd round picks eventually and probably 10-15 future NFL guys. Especially on the lines. Guys who these days often leave early for the NFL. ISU apparently has few, if any, of those guys (maybe Breece Hall as a top 3 round pick). Last year they made it through a weak Big 12 in a pandemic year and then got an uninterested and decimated 3-3 Oregon team in a BCS bowl.

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
He recruited Zeb Noland. He discovered Jacob Park in a church league. He found Kempt hanging out at a junior college in Kansas.

Suddenly, there were enough quarterbacks to at least have some wiggle room if someone got hurt or didn’t perform up to snuff.

Peterson: Talk about position upgrades — at Iowa State, it's clearly the quarterbacks

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Was it Noland or Kempf Randy called part of the best passing duo in school history?

Reaction score
ISUWBB in NCAA tournament but we are having vintage refs!!! situation from ISU media as ISU pissed away a 10 point 4th quarter lead while shooting 15-26 of from three. Apology letters forthcoming?