Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
There appears to be some sort of squawking caged bird begging for death as well.

Reaction score
It’s funny how Chris Williams lasted one year doing women’s basketball games.

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Ol Joensy

Yeah, everyone finally saw the real Brian Joens there (at least closer to the real lunacy). For the last 2 ISU games, they'd been showing a lot of shots of him and the family in the stands, like he's some amazing sports dad. Dude makes Marv Marinovich look sane and rational.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Yeah, everyone finally saw the real Brian Joens there (at least closer to the real lunacy). For the last 2 ISU games, they'd been showing a lot of shots of him and the family in the stands, like he's some amazing sports dad. Dude makes Marv Marinovich look sane and rational.
It would have been fun to see the Sweet 16 player profiles where they go back to the homes and families of some of the stars. Maybe show him back in Coralville, heart of Hawkeye country. Jim Nantz with the lead-in. Zoom in ol' Joensy dropping F bombs on anyone in his restaurant wearing Iowa gear. Next shot is him chasing people out of the nearby Jimmy John's. Then getting kicked out of CHA. What a beautiful story of a man who did so much for his daughter.

hawkchick79

Woke Lefty Rioter
Reaction score
It would have been fun to see the Sweet 16 player profiles where they go back to the homes and families of some of the stars. Maybe show him back in Coralville, heart of Hawkeye country. Jim Nantz with the lead-in. Zoom in ol' Joensy dropping F bombs on anyone in his restaurant wearing Iowa gear. Next shot is him chasing people out of the nearby Jimmy John's. Then getting kicked out of CHA. What a beautiful story of a man who did so much for his daughter.
I'd heard about the Jimmy John's thing but not the others. Huh.

Reaction score
I'd heard about the Jimmy John's thing but not the others. Huh.
If I were looking for some stories, I would probably start here.

Keep scrolling past the arguing because he eventually replies to Connor's tweet and then calls out the Iowa men for being at the game.

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score
He is going to be their Ferentz. They found a guy that is a giant fucking dork with no agent that can actually coach and develop and seems to be legitimately happy living in Ames and won't run out the door for bigger opportunities.

The only caveats to that is that either he is waiting for the Ohio State job or with the pandemic and team he has returning he is planning to hang in there for one more year and then make a move.
Right. He’ll either stay there for a long time or he won’t.

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I got the time if you do.
At one point he could only attend games if he agreed to sit away from the City High bench (and other City High parents) next to a school administrator. Later he was totally banned from attending games although I don't know if that has been lifted or not.

I'll limit the list to a couple of specific incidents that I personally witnessed. His oldest daughter hurt her knee during her senior year. It wasn't bad enough to keep her from playing, but needed minor surgery to get right. She was trying to play through it one game and was struggling, not moving well, etc. Now Brian has never been above yelling at his own kids if he doesn't think they're playing well enough. During this particular game, he was all over Courtney....it was obviously embarrassing to her and to everyone else in attendance. Brian finally had seen enough and hollered loud enough for all to hear, "OK....I guess I won't get you that surgery after all!"

After another game that same year, he was berating another City High player outside of the gym after she had a tough night. As you can imagine, her parents were pissed (as were all the others present) and Brian got out of there before he got his ass kicked by the other girl's dad.

After another game, I approached one of the girls (can't remember if it was Courtney or Ashley) and said "Good game tonight." She had tears in her eyes and I asked what was the matter. She said her dad was going to be pissed and yell at her at home because she didn't score 20 points that night.

The guy is a total POS.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
At one point he could only attend games if he agreed to sit away from the City High bench (and other City High parents) next to a school administrator. Later he was totally banned from attending games although I don't know if that has been lifted or not.

I'll limit the list to a couple of specific incidents that I personally witnessed. His oldest daughter hurt her knee during her senior year. It wasn't bad enough to keep her from playing, but needed minor surgery to get right. She was trying to play through it one game and was struggling, not moving well, etc. Now Brian has never been above yelling at his own kids if he doesn't think they're playing well enough. During this particular game, he was all over Courtney....it was obviously embarrassing to her and to everyone else in attendance. Brian finally had seen enough and hollered loud enough for all to hear, "OK....I guess I won't get you that surgery after all!"

After another game that same year, he was berating another City High player outside of the gym after she had a tough night. As you can imagine, her parents were pissed (as were all the others present) and Brian got out of there before he got his ass kicked by the other girl's dad.

After another game, I approached one of the girls (can't remember if it was Courtney or Ashley) and said "Good game tonight." She had tears in her eyes and I asked what was the matter. She said her dad was going to be pissed and yell at her at home because she didn't score 20 points that night.

The guy is a total POS.
He sounds mentally ill, and unfit for being in public.

Reaction score
He's been kicked out of pretty much every AAU venue in the state.

And, he's still coaching to this day.

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
He needed that ass kicking.

Reaction score
What a fucking embarassment to send out edits featuring none of your school colors. It appears the black jersey thing will continue next year despite the universities own guidelines on school colors and not using school colors of in state rivals. Do we need to get the legislature on this? lulz.

thrawn

Reaction score
Other than his being a Wisconsin native, it seems like Wisconsin would have better candidates. The most impressive thing about his ISU tenure is his longevity.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Holy crap. I know we make fun of Iowa State, but I usually reserve it for the dorks that surround the programs. But this really summarizes the suck that has been the actual athletics. Mount Rushmore!!!

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/mt-rushmore-of-isu-athletics.262761/

Very few actual athletes. And nearly consensus picks:
  • Johnny Orr- 79-117 conference record.
  • Dan McCarney- 56-85 overall record, 27-68 in conference.
  • Jamie Pollard-:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
  • Pete Taylor- great guy, sure. But the Mt Rushmore? For perspective, this would be like putting Bob Brooks or Dolph on at Iowa
  • Cael Sanderson -Definitely on the mat. But maybe most known for success after he left
  • Campbell - 35 career wins
I half expected to see Chris Williams on there.

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
Holy crap. I know we make fun of Iowa State, but I usually reserve it for the dorks that surround the programs. But this really summarizes the suck that has been the actual athletics. Mount Rushmore!!!

• Pete Taylor- great guy, sure. But the Mt Rushmore? For perspective, this would be like putting Bob Brooks or Dolph on at Iowa
  • Cael Sanderson -Definitely on the mat. But maybe most known for success after he left
Have they completely forgotten/disowned Hoiberg?

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
Steve Prohm coached ISU to a Big Twelve tournament championship, that should be worth inclusion.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
I mean Jeff Grayer should supplant any of those guys. And no I didn’t click the link.

thrawn

Reaction score

The undefeated record and gold medal are waaaay more famous than coaching for 99.9% of people.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score

Ummmm, Sanderson is 100% more known for being undefeated as a wrestler at ISU (see the Wheaties box) than coaching PSU to championships.
Also, Pete Taylor is analogous to Zabel, whom I’m sure some Iowa fans would nominate for their Mt Rushmore.
The rest of those are stupid Johnny come lately fans, indicative of the younger age of CF posters.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score

The guy is a total POS.
Ugh that sucks.