Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Ummmm, Sanderson is 100% more known for being undefeated as a wrestler at ISU (see the Wheaties box) than coaching PSU to championships.
Also, Pete Taylor is analogous to Zabel, whom I’m sure some Iowa fans would nominate for their Mt Rushmore.
The rest of those are stupid Johnny come lately fans, indicative of the younger age of CF posters.
I gave Cael the “on the mat, definitely “. But no way in hell any Iowa fan puts Zabel on a list of 4. I’m trying to think of who would be on if you went back further than the “Johnny come latelies”.

thrawn

Reaction score
I gave Cael the “on the mat, definitely “.
and then followed it with “But maybe most known for success after he left”. Unless you’re counting an Olympics just two years after his graduation as “after he left”, no. Random non-wrestling people are going to recognize his name the way people do with all minor sports but no non-wrestling fan knows him for coaching first other than maybe the direct PSU community.

I wouldn’t put Zabel on any list, but Iowa also had the unusual arrangement where there wasn’t a single voice until the 90s so it would be split between him, Brooks, etc. For older fans who grew up with limited TV coverage I can see having a guy like Taylor. Its not that much different in principle that Vin Scully being the most famous Dodger icon.

Reaction score
Cael was 100% more famous for his accomplishments at ISU. On a very random 3 day weekend back in 2002, I hung out with Cael in Minneapolis. Everywhere we went he was instantly recognized. I was on the field with him when he threw out the first pitch at a Twins/White Sox game, and Corey Koskie (3B for the Twins at the time) came running over to meet him. Koskie apparently went to DMACC in Boone, so he had the entire team watching Cale's run through the tourney his senior year. Torii Hunter and Jacque Jones were really excited to meet him, and Cael had no idea who any of them were.

/CSB

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score
Cael was 100% more famous for his accomplishments at ISU. On a very random 3 day weekend back in 2002, I hung out with Cael in Minneapolis. Everywhere we went he was instantly recognized. I was on the field with him when he threw out the first pitch at a Twins/White Sox game, and Corey Koskie (3B for the Twins at the time) came running over to meet him. Koskie apparently went to DMACC in Boone, so he had the entire team watching Cale's run through the tourney his senior year. Torii Hunter and Jacque Jones were really excited to meet him, and Cael had no idea who any of them were.

/CSB
Make a Wish foundation set that up for you?

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Ummmm, Sanderson is 100% more known for being undefeated as a wrestler at ISU (see the Wheaties box) than coaching PSU to championships.
Also, Pete Taylor is analogous to Zabel, whom I’m sure some Iowa fans would nominate for their Mt Rushmore.
The rest of those are stupid Johnny come lately fans, indicative of the younger age of CF posters.
If there's any Iowa fans here who think Zabel is one of the 4 most important figures in Iowa sports history, please identify yourselves immediately.

Also please post your home address so we can all come over and slap the shit out of you.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
If there's any Iowa fans here who think Zabel is one of the 4 most important figures in Iowa sports history, please identify yourselves immediately.

Also please post your home address so we can all come over and slap the shit out of you.
Zabel on any such list is absurd. More than half of Iowa fans barely knew him, because of the Zabel/Brooks split. It's a nonsense idea.

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score

You won't need my address, just look for the big Jim Zabel mural I painted on the side of my house. I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!!

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

I guess that depends if the owner of Pal Joeys posts here.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score

/CSB
I had no idea you were married to Cael.

Reaction score
I think it's most based on tailgating but even then is pretty bad. Obviously you cannot reconcile UCLA and USC at 64 since they are in the same "college town"

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
Im sure @ATL_boomer1990 used the strictest of scientific methodology to give us an accurate and unbiased list.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
What's the tip?
My dumb cold weather tip I wish I would have known about years ago:

1) Go to local farm supply store; head to the gloves section.

2) Find a pair of Kinco’s leather mittens - the one with the little pack of nikwax attached. Shouldn’t cost more than $25-$30 bucks.

3) Rub that Nikwax stuff in.

4) Never have cold hands outside again, even when holding on to the snowblower handles.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
I did this too. 5 stars.

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score
Nice, my fingers are always purple and frozen after I snowblow. I think I have poor circulation. I'm going to try these.