**Official Iowa vs. Washington Football Thread - 8:00pm - FOX/FS1**

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
46,094
Reaction score
63,064
Did the defense dominate? Does it always, or is that a Petras era fiction? Isn't the offense familiar with the defense?
If you think an offense being “familiar” with the defense is the same thing as a defense knowing the offense’s plays than your dumber than I originally thought.
 

Fritz Fequiere

something feels off when he has sex with his wife.
Joined
May 15, 2014
Messages
2,246
Reaction score
-1,125
If you think an offense being “familiar” with the defense is the same thing as a defense knowing the offense’s plays than your dumber than I originally thought.
So the defense knows what play is going to be run? If true Ferentz is dumber than I thought and should be fired immediately.
 

Lee Beevers

5'9" But Claims To Be Taller
Joined
Jan 25, 2013
Messages
9,514
Reaction score
16,066
Well this is a kill yourself worthy interaction. I’m quite certain Hecklinski’s summer scrimmage performance isn’t going to matter when Iowa beats the fuck out of the shit ass Washington Huskies. I sincerely hope neither of you are able to watch the game now.
 

cloudhawk

Special
Joined
Sep 4, 2007
Messages
100,019,173
Reaction score
13,701
I remember the main kid’s day highlight being a play where Heck would’ve gotten his head taken off by the blitzing LB in a real game but instead he waited a half second longer and threw a long TD pass to Vonhame since he knew the LB had to pull away. I thought it was pretty stupid for people to be impressed by it.
Did it look like this:
 

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Joined
Nov 20, 2017
Messages
1,462
Reaction score
1,892
All of the man-beater stuff he was running early Saturday had guys with plenty of separation. Hank missed too many throws. If he had connected on more (not all) of them, it probably would have forced them out of Cover 1 and opened up the run game.

Ball control doesn’t matter as much against an offense like that with one of the best college WR of all time. The difference between making them go 60 or 85 yards is almost meaningless. We were going to have to score 24+. I think the plan he had to do that was sound.

In regards to downfield routes, they obviously take more time and it’s harder to beat OSU CBs on go balls than the intermediate rub routes that were getting guys open. Potential for yards after the catch were there.
Yep, the plan was solid. It could have worked if the passes were accurate.
 
Top