**Official Iowa vs. Washington Football Thread - 8:00pm - FOX/FS1**

Pinehawk

Regina Douche
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
21,928
Reaction score
8,161
Sorry Pine, had to rescind the “like” after your edit. I thought RG3 was terrible. Not so much his context but he talked non stop. Sometime (most times) less is more.
That fair. Monster thought so as well. I don’t think I knew he was an announcer, so I thought he was pretty good for being new. Which he may not even be new.

But, let’s not let the insignificance of RGIII’s performance overshadow that impressive effort by the Hawks.
 

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
87,421
Reaction score
1,565
Not sure we learned a lot about the qb situation other than the play calling was completely different. Washington looked completely lost on defense, more than any Iowa opponent I can remember.
100%. Complete opposite of OSU which is why I was complaining that it didn’t appear we tried to win very hard.
 

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,660
Reaction score
-14,379
Stadium seemed about 2/3rds full and half Iowa fans. Pretty pathetic showing from the Husky faithful.
The Husky Fans next to us were just devastated from the start. Hate their coach. Hate their QB. I can only imagine how the two Husky fans waiting in line for the light rail felt as everyone was chanting “Let’s Go Hawks”. Cool stadium.
 

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
87,421
Reaction score
1,565
The bnth score is amazing with those sax solos that slowly crescendo until something intense happens. Highly recommend just playing it on loop at home. You will get a a lot done during your day.
 

Mountain Hawk

Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2015
Messages
4,612
Reaction score
5,046
The Husky Fans next to us were just devastated from the start. Hate their coach. Hate their QB. I can only imagine how the two Husky fans waiting in line for the light rail felt as everyone was chanting “Let’s Go Hawks”. Cool stadium.
No sympathy from this quarter. Husky fans have a long history of obnoxiousness. UW had a lot of goodwill in our family because Grandma grew up in Seattle, but they faffed it all up the wall starting with their behavior toward Iowa fans during the 1982 Rose Bowl, and they sealed the deal when I moved the crew back here while UW was winning the 1991 Rose Bowl, and the entire fan base spent the next two years acting like Chosen People ( the super judgmental kind) with Don James as the Second Coming. And oh the outrage when the Huskies got nailed in a recruiting slush fund scandal. How dare the NCAA and Pac-10 accuse the Saints of such a thing? Being up in the Northwest Corner makes it a lot easier to ignore UW, though. The Canadian stations don't care at all.
 

chafedHawk

Might Need to GFH
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
8,296
Reaction score
1,460
No sympathy from this quarter. Husky fans have a long history of obnoxiousness. UW had a lot of goodwill in our family because Grandma grew up in Seattle, but they faffed it all up the wall starting with their behavior toward Iowa fans during the 1982 Rose Bowl, and they sealed the deal when I moved the crew back here while UW was winning the 1991 Rose Bowl, and the entire fan base spent the next two years acting like Chosen People ( the super judgmental kind) with Don James as the Second Coming. And oh the outrage when the Huskies got nailed in a recruiting slush fund scandal. How dare the NCAA and Pac-10 accuse the Saints of such a thing? Being up in the Northwest Corner makes it a lot easier to ignore UW, though. The Canadian stations don't care at all.

 
Top