**Purdue vs. Iowa Basketball - 3/3/20 - 8pm - BTN**

Reaction score
Do you really believe Joe is strong and physical enough right now to be a rotation guy in the NBA vs grown ass men?
The NBA is a perimeter game. It is geared towards the offensive player. There's little to no hand checking and the lane isn't clogged because of the defensive 3 seconds. In the giant douche he gets mugged and grabbed every night. Not sure how effective Joe will be at the NBA level but it won't be because the league is too "physical".

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Duncan Robinson is averaging 13 points a game in the NBA. Outside of the scoring system, college and pro basketball are not really the same thing.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
No. It's 4th grade shit to follow your shot. Amazed me the people on the arena that were screaming that last night. And Leistokow tweeted it. After 3's from the top of the key.
What? Not sure how standing still admiring the shot you think you’ve made is helpful in any way.

Perhaps you could argue he should sprint back on defense (if he’s at the top of the key)but he’s not doing that either.

Last edited:

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
What? Not sure how standing still admiring the shot you think you’ve made is helpful in any way.

Perhaps you could argue he should sprint back on defense (if he’s at the top of the key)but he’s not doing that either.
the Last thing a shooter thinks about is following their shot. If they happen to get one that bounces right back to them, it’s by pure chance, not some mentality that’s been drilled into them.

it might be a bad shooters mentality to go sprinting in while the ball is in the air but then should that person really be shooting that shot?

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
This all reminds me of Garza’s high school videos where he’d “sprint” towards the hoop upon releasing a shot

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Following your shot>fading backwards on your heels, then lunging half heartedly towards long rebound then loafing back on D

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Following your shot>double dribbling, then putting your finger in your butt, then smelling said finger.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
I've actually heard parents at a basketball tournament yell, come on blue!

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
I've actually known a couple of decent to good shooters that could follow their shot.

Played with Troy Washpun for years at noon ball...he was an excellent shooter & probably got about half of his own misses, too.

Reaction score
This is awesome. Upset over Joe not following his shot. Only HawkFan.

Please watch a game tonight and tell me how many guys you see follow their 3-pointer. I'll set the over/under at .5.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
If I was Fran, I fucking threaten to rip Wieskamp's and CJ's head off if they ever dare pass up an open three to dribble inside the arc to take a terrible contested mid-range shot.

Both of them have done it far too much since the last Illinois game. Wieskamp did it against Purdue multiple times and should have had 2 charges and ended up with multiple turnovers. CJ did it in the second half as well. Passed up an open three and drove into the mid-range to put up an awful leaning shot over a 7'3'' guy that was rammed back into his face.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
If I was Fran, I fucking threaten to rip Wieskamp's and CJ's head off if they ever dare pass up an open three to dribble inside the arc to take a terrible contested mid-range shot.

Both of them have done it far too much since the last Illinois game. Wieskamp did it against Purdue multiple times and should have had 2 charges and ended up with multiple turnovers. CJ did it in the second half as well. Passed up an open three and drove into the mid-range to put up an awful leaning shot over a 7'3'' guy that was rammed back into his face.
Also feel free to force some shots.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Gus Macker was great. Winning the Toilet Bowl trophy is a highlight of my life
My mom was throwing away all my trophies from youth sports and the Toilet Bowl trophy was the only one I asked her to keep.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score

Yeah, it's totally OK to pump fake and create space for yourself with a quick dribble left or right but stay outside the line. You don't see bohannon doing that long two shit.

Reaction score
Gus Macker was great. Winning the Toilet Bowl trophy is a highlight of my life
We wanted to win every trophy available so we got really drunk day one and then won the TB. We did it again because getting blackout drunk and playing basketball was fun. We let a team beat us that was so bad it was hard to lose. At one point a buddy said “guys it’s 5-4” as if we weren’t trying hard enough to lose. Well because we let the spaz team win they gave us the sportsmanship award that year. The Gus busters said it was they funniest thing they had seen. The depressing part of the story is the other team never caught on that we were throwing the game. They were pumped and celebrated the close victory.
CSB

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
We wanted to win every trophy available so we got really drunk day one and then won the TB. We did it again because getting blackout drunk and playing basketball was fun. We let a team beat us that was so bad it was hard to lose. At one point a buddy said “guys it’s 5-4” as if we weren’t trying hard enough to lose. Well because we let the spaz team win they gave us the sportsmanship award that year. The Gus busters said it was they funniest thing they had seen. The depressing part of the story is the other team never caught on that we were throwing the game. They were pumped and celebrated the close victory.
CSB
Was a player on the spaz team a little sick and very sunburnt?

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score

I don't remember Joe shooting a lot of mid-range, but he would fake the three, dribble three steps and look to get rid of it if he wasn't wide open by 10 feet.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I don't remember Joe shooting a lot of mid-range, but he would fake the three, dribble three steps and look to get rid of it if he wasn't wide open by 10 feet.
Correct. He and CJ need it drilled into their head that every shot they pass up is a shot that is forced upon Bakari / Connor / Toussaint / Pemsl.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Even on the times when he took it to the rack he was unsure of himself when trying to finish. Up until a few games ago, he had been fantastic at finishing. I cannot remember what game it was (maybe Minnesota?) where there was no one in front of him and he should have at worst been fouled and gone to the line. Instead he slowed down, hesitated and got blocked from behind. Something weird is going on in his head as has been said ad nauseam. At his best, he is one of the best players in the Big Ten. Lately, he is just another guy.

Reaction score
Was a player on the spaz team a little sick and very sunburnt?
Who knows, I was wasted. I do remember one had a giant Batman tattoo on his chest. He played shirtless and in black sweatpants even though it was hot as balls.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
Who knows, I was wasted. I do remember one had a giant Batman tattoo on his chest. He played shirtless and in black sweatpants even though it was hot as balls.
Jogger is trying to make a joke, but I would have just dunked on his ass.