Rutgers @ Iowa Basketball Thread ~ 2/10/21 ~ 6:30pm ~ BTN

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Greg, love ya man. But you dont excel in NYC hs ball being mediocre
I don’t trust him with the ball nor can he shoot well enough to play off the ball. Maybe he’s in his own head right now, pressing too hard to make unnecessary plays. I don’t know the answer. All I do know is that Fran doesn’t trust him enough to play extended minutes.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
Greg, love ya man. But you dont excel in NYC hs ball being mediocre
You also aren’t any sort of no doubt D1 worthy player if you only have one power five offer.

Hell, Kyle Meyer had more than that.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Lol, every single time Settles or another announcer constantly screams NYC and Rucker Park!! you know exactly the person and audience they are talking to.
Well considering this is 95% of the audience...

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Looking back, Iowa has had a shit ton of players who fit the same profile as a Joe T when it comes to TO rate. No wonder Iowa hasn’t made a Sweet 16 since the lame duck year.

The Dad

Reaction score
Joe doesn’t play because he sucks right now. The reason doesn’t really matter. And Fran also has the luxury of seeing him suck in practice.
You more than anyone understands not all sucking is created equal.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
you get lumped in with Mugsy Bogues

that explains Touissant playing well vs MSU and getting 4 minutes next time out.

and again, starters can make careless mistakes on D for years and its NBD.
I disagree with a lot of things Fran does with the lineups. The lack of minutes for Joe T. is not one of them. He is not as good as I want him to be/as good as Iowa Fan thinks he is.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
That doesn’t even make sense

Revolver

Reaction score
The 9th in minutes/25% of the turnovers stat says all you really need to know about why Joe’s minutes are few and far between.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
I disagree with a lot of things Fran does with the lineups. The lack of minutes for Joe T. is not one of them. He is not as good as I want him to be/as good as Iowa Walmart Fan thinks he is.
FIFY

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
Did you ever see my post in the baseball thread where there was a pic of a crate in the Royals clubhouse with a label on it that said “send to AZ” and I asked why they had a giant box of dildos? Lol, it was some of my best work ever.
I did not. I am very happy for you.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Lol, every single time Settles or another announcer constantly screams NYC and Rucker Park!! you know exactly the person and audience they are talking to.
There's few things that make me flinch more than when those announcers inevitably bring that shit up every single fucking game. He learned how to play on the rough streets!!!

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Correct, the Fieldhouse crowd isn't going to spew cum all over their tv set because a guy is from NYC and black and played ball at Rucker Park the same way the fat suburban goatee Wal-Mart IowaFan will.
not fat but an astute judge of talent.
sincerely,

Tom Brady.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
One thing I feel as though I've picked up on the last 2 or 3 games is bohannon missing post entries to Garza. It's been consistent as of late.

He used to, at least, hit him a bunch in transition on throw aheads & quick pin-downs. He's not even doing that anymore.

The Dad

Reaction score
One thing I feel as though I've picked up on the last 2 or 3 games is bohannon missing post entries to Garza. It's been consistent as of late.

He used to, at least, hit him a bunch in transition on throw aheads & quick pin-downs. He's not even doing that anymore.
Agreed. I don’t think him being buttfucked the entire length of the court by more athletic guards, like Young last night, is doing him any favors in this regard.

RiotFan

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score

He’s no threat to anyone off the dribble, so guards are picking him up by half-court and putting serious pressure on him. Makes it very difficult to make those passes when someone is riding your ass like they have been lately.

coff

Busker
Reaction score
If CJF can stay somewhat healthy, JoeW shows out for full games like tonight, and Luka gets back to his dominant self; this team absolutely can go on a run - despite the competition and game locations.
Do you not understand that Luka being more dominant is dependent is some substantial measure to the first two things you mentioned?

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
There's few things that make me flinch more than when those announcers inevitably bring that shit up every single fucking game. He learned how to play on the rough streets!!!
As if a solid ten percent of college basketball doesn't come from the NYC metropolitan area

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
feel for the game

joe t doesn't have it. jbo sometimes has it. gesell never had it. dev kind of had it. go back to deano to find an iowa pg who really had it.

ulis looks like he might have it. joe t has his role, but it ain't as the starter.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
You also aren’t any sort of no doubt D1 worthy player if you only have one power five offer.

Hell, Kyle Meyer had more than that.
If you have a power five offer, you are almost assuredly a legit D1 player. You might not be power 5 worthy, but you likely would have had at least a handful of D1 offers.

Revolver

Reaction score
feel for the game

joe t doesn't have it. jbo sometimes has it. gesell never had it. dev kind of had it. go back to deano to find an iowa pg who really had it.

ulis looks like he might have it. joe t has his role, but it ain't as the starter.
Maybe it was just youthful naivety, but I loved me some Chauncey Leslie. Also, Jeff Horner? I realize they weren’t Fran’s guys, but they came after Deano.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
gotta give you leslie.

horner...hmm...shot selection....

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
Maybe it was just youthful naivety, but I loved me some Chauncey Leslie. Also, Jeff Horner? I realize they weren’t Fran’s guys, but they came after Deano.
Horner was a faggot.