**2018 Iowa Basketball Offseason Thread**

Joined
Jan 4, 2014
Messages
3,542
Reaction score
-1,775
A lot of shit goes down at the final four, because all the coaches are there. So, you probably won’t hear anything until at least then.
 

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Joined
Aug 13, 2014
Messages
4,109
Reaction score
-826
I don’t think any of Frans assistants are indispensable and I hope one of them goes. Bring Dean O home and then hopefully land DJ Carton.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,310
Reaction score
27,975
Drake should hire Speraw and bring in either Ali or Horner as top assistant with the idea they can become the successor in 4-5 years.
 

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Joined
Jan 21, 2015
Messages
28,811
Reaction score
-30,212
Drake should wait to make a hire until the Final 4. All the coaches are there then and that's when shit goes down.
 

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
22,605
Reaction score
4,443
It really would make sense for both Drake and Speraw. Kirk could not only hire Horner as a young likely successor, but he could hire his son, who is working at Kansas State as director of basketball operations.

It makes so much sense, there's no way it happens.
 

Jim Tebow

Proud Supporter of Bluder's Bunch
Joined
Feb 10, 2015
Messages
439
Reaction score
111
I think we'll know more after the final four.
 

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
22,605
Reaction score
4,443
I'm not trying to call anyone out or anything, but how does one know if an assistant coach is fantastic? I get if one seems to rise through the ranks quickly being a clue, but outside of that, we are all just guessing, right? In FB, if a position outplays their receuiting profile regularly, or improves every season, but you don't have that specialization in basketball.

I'd like to see Oliver on staff, but that's because I'm from Mason and was in fourth or fifth grade when he committed to Iowa. So, I'd probably vote for him for POTUS.
 

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
45,940
Reaction score
3,189
I'm not trying to call anyone out or anything, but how does one know if an assistant coach is fantastic? I get if one seems to rise through the ranks quickly being a clue, but outside of that, we are all just guessing, right? In FB, if a position outplays their receuiting profile regularly, or improves every season, but you don't have that specialization in basketball.

I'd like to see Oliver on staff, but that's because I'm from Mason and was in fourth or fifth grade when he committed to Iowa. So, I'd probably vote for him for POTUS.
It goes the same way for deciding if an asisstant is bad too. TOS was convinced Brian Jones was bad because he was tall and the post play was bad.
 

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
22,605
Reaction score
4,443
No, he'd certainly block the kid from playing for his dad. C'mon.
 

MoneyPit

Cheers for the best looking H.S. girls team
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
6,926
Reaction score
-759
The big boy from Loyola is how I picture @Monster at that age. Obviously not as tall but an athletic big-boned dude.

Edit. Wrong thread. Shit.
 

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Joined
Aug 13, 2014
Messages
4,109
Reaction score
-826

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
46,005
Reaction score
62,838
@BBK is exactly the kind of guy that would wear that shit if playing basketball ball.
 

foxhawks

Doesn't wash his butthole last
Joined
Apr 28, 2011
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
-17,987
Wow, this ISU guy really, really cares about Iowa



I believe he is the dumb fuck brother of the dumb fuck realtor, Mark. I’ve heard nothing but awful things about him. He’s a realtor, so the “awful things” and “dumb fuck” go without saying, but still.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,310
Reaction score
27,975
Please keep the Iowa State posts out of here.

Thanks.
 

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Joined
Aug 13, 2014
Messages
4,109
Reaction score
-826

This is very interesting. My sources tell me that all of the coaches are at the final 4 and that we should expect a lot of shit to go down.
 

Fletch

Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2013
Messages
16,937
Reaction score
11,856
A lot of shit went down this morning after my fiber filled breakfast.
 
Top