**2018 Iowa Basketball Offseason Thread**

Big Tuna

The Resistance
Joined
Oct 20, 2017
Messages
1,027
Reaction score
-1,913
My first reaction when I saw the picture of them together before reading the tweet was that Baer must have been doing some work with special needs kids.
 
Last edited:

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,278
Reaction score
27,932
Maybe L. Wade was right, they took it down.
 

Bob

Joined
Sep 8, 2012
Messages
6,031
Reaction score
-5,716
look at this fucking guy they think can be the next charlie rose
 

Fletch

Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2013
Messages
16,931
Reaction score
11,848
Good for Tyler. They made up a bunch of shit that made life complicated for him.
 

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Joined
Aug 13, 2014
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
-826
But really, this makes a lot of sense and I’m glad Moss is doing it
 

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
22,602
Reaction score
4,432
I can't recall a player so open to talking about a potential transfer.
 

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Joined
Aug 13, 2014
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
-826
I can't recall a player so open to talking about a potential transfer.
Me either. And it seems pretty obvious he’s going to wait and see what Cook does. Pretty much exactly what @douglasbader has said guys would do. And it’s ok for Iowa. Ideally, you want Pemsl to stick around either way, but it’s not a big deal if he’s gone and Cook stays, because I think it would really benefit Nunges development.
 

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
87,247
Reaction score
1,538
His comments were fine. I would rather have someone speak their mind.

It’s no secret that he wants more playing time and the staff knows it.
 

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
87,247
Reaction score
1,538
Also I think Kriener is staying. There was a scenario where he ended up at Drake but it didn’t play out.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,278
Reaction score
27,932
From the sound of everything, I wouldn't expect any grad transfers. Most of the best ones have decided or are deciding soon and Iowa hasn't been mentioned. Maybe they get a JUCO, but nothing yet and signing day starts tomorrow.

They are most likely going to have what we see right now with either Cook coming back and Pemsl leaving or Cook leaving and Pemsl staying.
 

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
22,602
Reaction score
4,432
If an assistant were to leave, would it have happened by now? I guess what I'm asking is when is the Final Four being held, we'll know more then.
 

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
87,247
Reaction score
1,538
Completely unrelated but I’m not starting a 2021 girls thread. From what I can gather the McCaffery girl must be a really good athlete. She played varsity softball as an 8th grader and appears to be a varsity golfer as a freshman. So, that’s cool I guess.
 

Fletch

Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2013
Messages
16,931
Reaction score
11,848
Completely unrelated but I’m not starting a 2021 girls thread. From what I can gather the McCaffery girl must be a really good athlete. She played varsity softball as an 8th grader and appears to be a varsity golfer as a freshman. So, that’s cool I guess.
K
 

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
28,020
Reaction score
10,799
Why would Pemsl just leave if Cook comes back for another year instead of just using his redshirt year at Iowa?

I guess he did mention Garza, Kriener and Nunge so could be he just wants to go somewhere where he is guaranteed 25-30 minutes.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,278
Reaction score
27,932
Why would Pemsl just leave if Cook comes back for another year instead of just using his redshirt year at Iowa?

I guess he did mention Garza, Kriener and Nunge so could be he just wants to go somewhere where he is guaranteed 25-30 minutes.
There isn't a player in college basketball that wants to redshirt their junior year at the same school.

What if Cook comes back again?
 
Joined
Dec 12, 2013
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
-734
Completely unrelated but I’m not starting a 2021 girls thread. From what I can gather the McCaffery girl must be a really good athlete. She played varsity softball as an 8th grader and appears to be a varsity golfer as a freshman. So, that’s cool I guess.
Also completely unrelated but I gave her a ride home the other night. My wifes sister is friends with her and their house is stupid nice. They have a 6 car garage and 4 stalls is just used as a basketball court instead
 

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,649
Reaction score
-14,437
Completely unrelated but I’m not starting a 2021 girls thread. From what I can gather the McCaffery girl must be a really good athlete. She played varsity softball as an 8th grader and appears to be a varsity golfer as a freshman. So, that’s cool I guess.
Also completely unrelated but I gave her a ride home the other night. My wifes sister is friends with her and their house is stupid nice. They have a 6 car garage and 4 stalls is just used as a basketball court instead
How tall is she?
 

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
45,907
Reaction score
3,166
Why would Pemsl just leave if Cook comes back for another year instead of just using his redshirt year at Iowa?

I guess he did mention Garza, Kriener and Nunge so could be he just wants to go somewhere where he is guaranteed 25-30 minutes.
There isn't a player in college basketball that wants to redshirt their junior year at the same school.

What if Cook comes back again?
Let's think about the timeline for when things need to happen. The deadline for Cook to withdraw his name is May 30th. He'll most likely withdraw (assuming he does) mid-May would be my guess. The number of teams that Pemsl would have to choose from dwindles daily.

I just wonder how much of it has to do with Cook. Maybe he's just thinking of quitting altogether?
 

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
38,560
Reaction score
-6,124
If Cook withdraws I assume there is still a fairly decent chance he doesn't come back so I'm not sure what Pemsl is contemplating.
 
Last edited:

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
28,020
Reaction score
10,799
Why would Pemsl just leave if Cook comes back for another year instead of just using his redshirt year at Iowa?

I guess he did mention Garza, Kriener and Nunge so could be he just wants to go somewhere where he is guaranteed 25-30 minutes.
There isn't a player in college basketball that wants to redshirt their junior year at the same school.

What if Cook comes back again?
Let's think about the timeline for when things need to happen. The deadline for Cook to withdraw his name is May 30th. He'll most likely withdraw (assuming he does) mid-May would be my guess. The number of teams that Pemsl would have to choose from dwindles daily.

I just wonder how much of it has to do with Cook. Maybe he's just thinking of quitting altogether?
Reading way too much into Pemsls comments I think his frustration is more with Cook than Iowa. It seems no one knows if Cook will be back regardless of his NBA evaluation. The whole situation is kinda odd.
 

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Joined
Sep 29, 2014
Messages
12,103
Reaction score
3,186
If Cook withdraws I assume there is still a fairly decent chance he doesn't come back so I'm not sure what Pemsl is contemplating.
Yeah I get the feeling Cook wants to be done with college basketball
 

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
45,907
Reaction score
3,166
If Cook withdraws I assume there is still a fairly decent chance he doesn't come back so I'm not sure what Pemsl is contemplating.
Yeah I get the feeling Cook wants to be done with college basketball
Well yeah because he entered his name in the draft. All this other stuff came from guys like Harty, Dochterman, Kakert. It makes people think that it's more involved than it needs to be.
 

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,649
Reaction score
-14,437
I love everyone's take on what Moss and Cook are feeling.
 

Hawk_Kegmasters

saw Spice World in the theater
Joined
Aug 26, 2007
Messages
27,302
Reaction score
-4,242
I think Cook and Moss will both be back and greatly improved/motivated and the Hawks will win the fuckin I am a giant douche next season. That’s my motha fuckin take, @Revolver!
 
Top