**2021-2022 Iowa Basketball Season Thread**

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Someone should start an off season thread probably.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
At this point you absolutely have to go get a senior pg. Ulis can't start and regardless of whatever Bowen is he won't start.

Squat Cobbler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
That sucks. He was more productive than Ulis. Now we’re down to a 34% shooter and unproven freshman at pg

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
He played well at times when he had a defined role, but he still was a spazz a bunch of the time. I don't know was his role would have been next year but I still would have preferred the current team construct with Joe T

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I don’t think they need to add a transfer PG if Ulis, Bowen, Perkins and Connor are here.
Even if Connor leaves I still think they are OK there. Perkins brought the ball up quite a bit near the end

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Was the Leistikow interview yesterday? Fran talked about Joe as someone that could take a step.

snips

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
i'm confident Fran is going to hit the transfer portal with an enthusiasm unknown to man and land us a stud big man and beat out some blue bloods for a 'take charge' PG that can make a difference. book it!

Reaction score
Unitl the very end of the season I thought UIis was a better option at PG. He's very under control and needs to look to shoot more. He was very effective with Perkins on 2nd unit.

Obviously Bowen could be the starter from day one.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
He played well at times when he had a defined role, but he still was a spazz a bunch of the time. I don't know was his role would have been next year but I still would have preferred the current team construct with Joe T
Had more than his fair share of WTF moments, but still managed to be top 100 in the country in asst/to ratio. And led the team in steals despite playing half the minutes of the next closest guy.

He was an ELITE defender. I don’t think Iowa wins the conference tournament without his performance in that Purdue game.

Last edited:

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Had more than his fair share of WTF moments, but still managed to be too 100 in the country in asst/to ratio. And led the team in steals despite playing half the minutes of the next closest guy.

He was an ELITE defender. I don’t think Iowa wins the conference tournament without his performance in that Purdue game.
That’s why he was the key.