5. Garzilla

Bench:
Jok
Uthoff
Ash

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
It sucks that Pat can't rebound or attempt to body someone up inside because offensively I dont mind Sandfart/Pat/Kris. Both Kris and Sandfart are plus rebounders so we should be able to get away with adding another 6'9" player to that front court but not Pat. At the same time I don't want Kris to waste fouls and minutes guarding centers anymore so maybe it's a good thing

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Fran thinks Pat is the next player to blow up ala Keegan- so I would expect him to get lion share of opportunities

I thought this was funny

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Fran thinks Pat is the next player to blow up ala Keegan- so I would expect him to get lion share of opportunities

I thought this was funny
They said it during one of the tournament games, maybe NCAA Tournament

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
Toussaint will start over Bowen as much as I don’t want him to.
I would like to see:

1/2 - Ulis / Bowen
1/2 - JT / Dix
3 - Perkins / Sandfort
4 - Murray / P. McCaffery
5 - Rebraca / Ogundele / Mulvey

Connor swing

Likely will have 1 to 2 guys transfer out and in and all of this will be moot.

Reaction score

I thought this was funny
I don’t think he’s said anything like that publicly. He was also just quoted as saying Kris is the guy basically.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Makes sense in general. The mention that they’ll be going after a big man plus the way he answered the transfer question, made it seem even more likely.
Yep. Pat slipped up in their podcast and said jelly won’t be here next year. Have to lose one of the bigs.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Patrick doesn’t have held the natural rebounding or defensive instincts of Wieskamp but I would add that he seems to more focused on getting out in transition than Joe was.

Last edited:

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
If you think about physical skillset, Patrick is as primed as anyone to be able to be the next great Iowa upperclassman.

I'd like to see him learn to rebound as a starting point.
I think Perkins and Sandfort are the two guys that take big steps forward. Perkins has a little Dev Marble to his game.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
If you think about physical skillset, Patrick is as primed as anyone to be able to be the next great Iowa upperclassman.

I'd like to see him learn to rebound as a starting point.
Patrick is older than previous great iowa upperclassmen

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s said anything like that publicly. He was also just quoted as saying Kris is the guy basically.
He did in the lead up to the tourney. Also said the same about Kris in the SI article. Wouldn’t shock me if he thinks they are the big 2 scorers headed into the season.

Last edited:

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
The problem with Connor staying is that you can’t play both him and Pat at the same time without losing production at both ends. That forces Fran to start one of them. It used to be Connor, it is now Pat. I’d like to hope Pat continues to develop, but I see more upside with Sandfart. You get better rebounding, better outside shooting, while eliminating the stagnant offensive flow resulting from over dribbling to nowhere. Kris should have been getting more of Pat’s minutes this year as well.

I’d like to see:

Bowen / JoeT / Ulis
SaucyT / Dix / Kingsbury?
Sandfart / Patrick / Transfer
Kris Murray / Sandfart / Transfer
Becky / Transfer / Ogundele / Mulvey

I also think pairing JoeT and Patrick on the second line works well. Ultimately they need another wing, and a power forward or center from the transfer portal. Hopefully Fran can get it done.
Dix, as the #2 SG, as a true freshman, coming off a missed senior year of high school because of a broken tibula and fibula? Yeah I don’t think so. Likely that Sandfart and Connor are the first two off the bench.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Dix, as the #2 SG, as a true freshman, coming off a missed senior year of high school because of a broken tibula and fibula? Yeah I don’t think so. Likely that Sandfart and Connor are the first two off the bench.
He did play about half of his senior year and the recovery will be shorter than that of an acl repair assuming no setbacks. Paul George was back in 8 months, which was later than they expected. Obviously Dix doesn't have the benefit of basketball being his full time job, but he will definitely play next year. The missed practice time over the summer will probably limit his ceiling for next season, but he'll be a factor. Especially if a current guard transfers.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
Grant Basile is transferring from Wright State. He would certainly fit the bill.