Cidsports!

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
Iowa's star player is CB Desmond King and he has eight starters back,

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
I'm going to revisit this a few times over the next few days.
Iowa lost inspirational leader RB Jordan Canzeri for the 2016 season. So, does TE George Kittle fill the void in 2015?

In his first four seasons in Iowa City, Canzeri never made it completely through a season. While Kittle plays a different position, the same is true for Kittle, so the key to the 2016 season, in part, is the health and how much George Kittle can breakout in 2016. Can he make it through a 12 game regular season in one piece?

As we know, TE is limited in experience and Iowa has completely new parts at FB, as does Michigan for that matter. Kittle needs to play more than 400 snaps this year, unlike 2015, when he made 20 catches for 6 touchdowns.
What on earth is the connection between any of that?

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
he posted that Kittle/Canzeri deep thought before and was so proud he recycled it.

Whatever

Loves Fayette
Reaction score
This is incoherent even for Cid:

This appears to be a one of a kind type match up.

Some very overstated views read already, but clearly, Iowa is looking in the mirror a little in this game, but two separate vantage points.

Iowa doesn't have the success that North Dakota State has as a small college, Division II or FCS program. The Bison on the field and off appear to mirror Iowa as a developmental program, that seeks to do it the right way.

Iowa has basically always played on the major football level. Yes, we played Grinnell in our early years.

We are 2-0 against North Dakota State. I don't believe they ever scored a point against us in those two games.

How things have changed entering 2016, this game at Kinnick.

It should be an interesting game. If it becomes a close game, watch out, Kirk Ferentz and Iowa might be playing with fire, if they don't simply pull away.

I expect an Iowa win. I expect ND State to score in this one.

Enjoy the game, if headed to Kinnick. It was a fun one last Saturday. In many ways, wish I could be at this one, but other plans.

On Iowa!

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
Has it been discussed if he has any serious mental limitations? If so, it's a skosh less entertaining.

JamesMouton

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Iowa has basically always played on the major football level. Yes, we played Grinnell in our early years.
And we beat the pants off 'em!

11/11/1899 ___ W ___ 16-0 ____________ home
11/16/1900 ___ W ___ 63-2 ____________ home
11/16/1901 ___ W ___ 17-11 ___________ home
10/24/1903 ___ W ___ 17-0 _____________away
11/12/1904 ___ W ___ 69-0 ____________ home
11/04/1905 ___ W ___ 46-0 ____________ home

Reaction score
Sweet jesus

It was 1974 when I became a Hawkeye fan, attending my first game at Kinnick, an upset win over UCLA. Iowa was 0-1, after an ugly game in Ann Arbor.

Today, the Hawkeyes are a fragile program. Coming off a 12-0 season for the first time, Iowa lacks the sync of last year.

It found ways to win. This is, Iowa has struggled in almost every phase of the game.

It is important that 11 parts are all in sync. Further, officiating appears off in 2016, as well.

Plenty to scratch one's head. The concerns of coaches scratching their hind ends have returned, with two losses in 2016.

The Wisconsin game is a huge hurdle. It was in 2015, as well. In many ways, the Badgers have owned Iowa's number, since that 31-30 loss in 2010.

Iowa won 10-6 last year, but it didn't appear either team had much ability on offense. It was one of C.J. Beathard's least effective games, but a win.

The difference in success and failure, often begins at QB. Wisconsin has a freshman at the helm. Iowa, a fifth year senior, who has appeared out of sync, especially in Iowa's two losses.

Clearly, QB is the key ... and it requires the offensive lines to provide the opportunities for success.

Iowa is 2-0 in trophy games. 6-0, since C.J. Beathard took over the helm in 2015.

How healthy is the Iowa QB position this week?

How staple will the Wisconsin QB be after two road starts and a 1-2 start in the Big Ten?

Iowa vs. Wisconsin is typically competitive. As a series, 43-43 is impressive. Unlike Minnesota, Iowa is .500 in this one.

50/50 odds, as field goal underdog.

Can Iowa pull off the 11 a.m. start?

Will Wisconsin have a hangover, similar to the hangover Iowa had against North Dakota State. Iowa performed enough in the 11 a.m. trophy game at Minnesota.

Iowa has lost two straight at Kinnick. Three straight at Kinnick against Wisconsin.

I am not going to be tuned into the game. I hope that toughest make three straight losses in 2016.

Keep the faith. The Hawkeye family needs to step up against the Badgers. The 2010 game still lingers in the heads of many Hawkeye fans. I actually gave up my season tickets, after 2010.

It is great to hear about the continued improvements at Kinnick Stadium. The North endzone brings back years of memories, as do all four corners/sides of Kinnick.

I - O - W - A

The Hawkeyes need to find a way. They did in Madison last year, with a recovery of a fumble. Winning the 50/50 balls and finding a way will be important on Saturday.

The seniors and captains need to take charge. Desmond King, the secondary, linebackers need to clean up for the D-Line. The best defense will be a solid offensive performance.

Kirk Ferentz is 2-0 head to head against Paul Chryst, the head coach. Chryst, the OC, got last laugh at Kinnick in 2010.

On Iowa!

Reaction score
I'm usually excited to read his latest ramblings, but that was really fucking bad.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
lol hoe lee shit

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
It's best to read that like you read a poem using Morgan Freemans voice.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Iowa has lost two straight at Kinnick. Three straight at Kinnick against Wisconsin.

I am not going to be tuned into the game. I hope that toughest make three straight losses in 2016.

Keep the faith. The Hawkeye family needs to step up against the Badgers. The 2010 game still lingers in the heads of many Hawkeye fans. I actually gave up my season tickets, after 2010.

It is great to hear about the continued improvements at Kinnick Stadium. The North endzone brings back years of memories, as do all four corners/sides of Kinnick.

I - O - W - A
LOL

Reaction score
1985 and 2016 ... the week each at #2, #3 and #4 went down!

The long, long road (sorry no picutes or sound bites on this post) ...

Iowa and Miami-FL were supposed to play in 1985. On that October day, #1 vs. #2 was one of the most special days of my life.

It was the last time #2, #3 and #4 fell the same day. Miami-FL beat #3 OU on the road, they moved Iowa game of 1985 to 1992, ironically our first night game. Were any of you at that one, as well?

Last night, 31 years to the later than 1985, Iowa and Pittsburgh were two winners by walk off FGs, contributors of taking down #2 and #3. Sweet music in College Football.

Alabama keeps rolling with an Iowa native starting in the OL. Good for them. We can dream of #1 some other season.

How special was that for Iowa to beat Harbaugh again? Last night, was a nice return visit. Oh, he is so like Bo with his decorating of a Pink Locker Room.

What would Hayden Fry have said about that yesterday? I hope he is well in his twilight of Life. He was back in September. I wished I would have heard him. He was a special coach at Iowa.

Even, the 1998 game vs. Michigan was close. I expected a game like 1998, but the joys of 1985 were to be.

After last year's Iowa-Pitt game; I was happy for the old MSU DC winning as a sophomore head coach.

Bob Stoops had a hell of a sophomore season coaching at OU. Michigan is a sophomore head coach in Ann Arbor. He certianly has displayed sophomore behavior throughout the time I have known him from a far.

Back to MSU connections ... what a rebound from one week for our own MSU alum and DC Phil Parker!

Our defensive unit ...

I love it, I love it, I love it.

Our special teams and offense ... oh, how they struggle, like watching Buttermaker and his Bears.

Wasn't Harbaugh a Bear of another Kind?

I am so grateful that I was at Kinnick for those two special games against Michigan.

Iowa vs. Michigan and MSU have been special, since Ferentz arrived with J Hayden Fry. (thinking of you Frydaze, I know you love my formality).

My wife reminded me of the 1990 game I attended in Ann Arbor, when I got home, after another win over Michigan. My wife's favorite Iowa game was back when Jim Harbaugh was QB.

One of my favorite Iowa games of all time was 35 years ago, the season opener and we end this season at Kinnick. We play those Huskers to close out 2016 at Kinnick!

Any one have any extra tickets?

As everyone knows, I have been a Kirk Ferentz fan, since 1981. However, I walked away from owning season tickets, after the 2010 season. It was a good decision.

This is the first season I have attended more than one game. Both night games. Two special games for me.

I didn't watch the North Dakota State or Northwestern games live. I did watch the North Dakota State FG game live. I attended my first UNI game in the Dome with ND State this season.

Time back in Omaha and enjoying Oktoberfest were more important in Week 3 and Week 5. Frankly, the fan base has turned me off in 2016.

It was good to see Iowa tank in 2016, in retrospect. I did notice a lot of down talk, after Penn State lost this week. Though, a busy week kept me away.

I didn't see the humble pride that the 2015 team brought us in 2015.

Since the Wisconsin loss in 2010, humble pride has been missing in Iowa Football.

I have seen an entitlement culture. Heck, the 8 years of this and that brought it out, I imagine. We talk about safe rooms these days.

In 1974, my first game at Kinnick. Iowa opened with a game on the road, like last week's Penn State game, Iowa was distroyed on the road.

The next week at Kinnick, Iowa beat a Top 20 program. It was the only Top 20 win I believe at Kinnick, until Fry's first one vs. Nebrantska.

After all, Iowa went 17 seasons without winning and 19 straight years with plenty of lows.

I watched the Penn State game with my daughter and it was sick. Of course, remember the road wins at Rutgers and Minnesota of 14-7. This is not the time for back to back.

The Cubs, The Election and a undefeated Alabama left standing have to come first.

After the Stanford game, I left this Site for a considerable amount of time. It was nice to comeback, but the entitlement culture has been disconcerting in 2016.

I am grateful for last night. Thankful for a former Iowa student who said, do you want go see this one on Saturday ...

I have turned off the NFL for 2016 completely. I enjoyed today, with a nap and a little work. And, of course, a large dose of Hawkeye humble pride.

It has been a long, long year, since November 2015 and the first Presidential Debate for 2016.

I left baseball years ago. The Cubs magical season brought my love for America's Game back. Watching the Game 7 with my daughter was very special.

Football of the 1980s and Fry are over.
Our last time #1 for weeks, our first time we played and won a #1 vs. #2 game.
Football with reckless abandon.
The Football of Bob Sanders is over.

I loved last night's game. The targeting call, facemask and Center protection call were good calls. I guess I will learn to live with change.

Last night's 14-13 win was priceless.

My Dad died before the 2014 season. There is always an adjustment.
We lost Bob Brooks after the magical season of 12-0 and my fourth witness of another loss in the Rose Bowl.

I have never witnessed an Iowa bowl win in a stadium. I loved what I witnessed last night and yesterday.

Iowa, Iowa State and Northern Iowa all won.

The Hawkeyes showed humble pride last night, despite the lack of discipline, execution and mistakes.

Iowa isn't Ohio State, Alabama or an elite program.

Wisconsin appears on track to win 2nd Big Ten West title in three seasons.

Something I didn't expect. They own us at Kinnick. But, Harbaugh and Michigan don't.

That's football?

Any given Saturday, but Iowa-Michigan are the only two programs that have been involved in the Saturdays that #2, #3 and #4 have fallen in 31 years. Ironically, Iowa has been a winner each time.

Life is funny sometimes. We take it far too serious, don't we at times?

We haven't beat Nebrantska in 35 years at Kinnick. I know my first niece to attend Nebrantska will be at Kinnick for first time on Black Friday.

Lord, I pray for some more humble pride and for the Hawkeyes to rise over the final three games to make a fan base, much like the 1908 to 2015 Cubs ... proud. :cool:

Yes, it is over the top, but I am greatful for the good, the bad and the ugly known as Iowa Football.

Oh, and Fran's young club picked up its 2nd win against another token opponent, but a young team needs a couple of easy ones before the real games are played.

peace

P.S. - I give a shout out to all my Hawkeye Report brothers and sisters, I have never been a fan of country music, but the Beathard family may change that a little. :cool:

It was great witnessing the Salute to Veterans, Tom Brokow's return and news of his donation to Iowa, along with one heck of a Hawkeye night game at Kinnick!

Mustangs989

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
That may just be CID's best post yet. It's almost impossible to believe that this isn't just the greatest troll in internet history

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Get some humble pride, buddy.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
It's impossible to pick my favorite part of that. It may be his masterpiece. I read it twice.

Reaction score
He posted this on Michigan's rivals board:

Bo made a deal out of them and lost back to back games in 1984 and 1985 at Iowa.

Why take the trouble Jim Harbaugh?

Iowa opened 2016 in the Top 25. I attended the Week 2 game where Iowa pounded Iowa State 42-10 or something like that.

Any given Saturday, we see surprises in College Football.

However, not since Iowa-Michigan #1 vs. #2 have we witnessed #2, #3 and #4 fall.

Each time, it involved an Iowa vs. Michigan game and Jim Harbaugh, Kirk Ferentz and pink Locker Rooms.

The 2004 game in Ann Arbor was physical. This game was more like 1981 and 1998, as well.

It is always nice to attend an Iowa-Michigan game. Many in the Iowa fan base forgot about the competitive nature of this series in Iowa City.

Iowa was a spoiler this season, like 1984.

Someone with a rivals account needs to reply that Matt Rodgers was Iowa's qb in 1990 & 91'.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
It's impossible to pick my favorite part of that. It may be his masterpiece. I read it twice.
My favorite:

I didn't watch the North Dakota State or Northwestern games live. I did watch the North Dakota State FG game live. I attended my first UNI game in the Dome with ND State this season.

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score
In a "fans left the Michigan game early" thread.

Don't tread on me ... Liberty is a funny thing. A lot of people moved from their seats after INT, but not all left, as others mentioned.

What matters ... is the finish and it was a another great one, since 1974.
@MikeyJoe

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
In a "fans left the Michigan game early" thread.

Don't tread on me ... Liberty is a funny thing. A lot of people moved from their seats after INT, but not all left, as others mentioned.

What matters ... is the finish and it was a another great one, since 1974, when Rob Fick was the starting quarterback.
@MikeyJoe

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
From another thread:

fwiw peace

Can Kirk Ferentz win #3 or even join Evy ...

Iowa Football ...

Evy and the youth and success of the 1950s ...

Evy, the AD, and the chaos and turmoil of the 1960s.

19 years of darkness ...

3 coaches that found happiness in Happy Valley and were a part in the on the field decline of Joe Pa and Penn State ..

6 to 4 in 2004, with Drew Tate, as QB. Iowa beats Ohio State 33-6 (do I have right score).

The State of Iowa Football ...

Let's remain positive, with the potential for upward success. It wasn't going to continue with former Texas OC Greg Davis.

He was far more successful north of the Mason-Dixon line than Gene Chizik, but he wasn't the right fit for Iowa nor the Big Ten. He clearly enjoyed teaching and his relationship with C.J. Beathard was positive.

Iowa isn't competitive against Penn State. It wouldn't matter, if it was Ken O'Keefe or Greg Davis. O'Keefe couldn't get it done vs. OSU and Davis did bring something to the series vs. Urban Meyer, but neither could jump over the hurdle.

Recruiting is part of it. Iowa had some good parts in the final run of Hayden Fry, but lacked at OC and in the trenches ultimately.

Kirk Ferentz is entering an important window in Year 19. Iowa can't afford a Year 20 like Fry or like Ferentz in 2012.

However, the next two years are going to be interesting and important.

It starts with the final parts for the Class of 2017 and the new coaching staff, new and old, that Kirk Ferentz will assemble.

I do believe Iowa will have a window to beat Wisconsin or another I am a giant douche West foe for a 2nd division title.

The 2015 team went 12-0, but it wasn't close to being the most talented Iowa team, but it was up there with 2002 with output in the win column.

The back to back wins over ISU was special. Getting Michigan and Nebrantska (first in 35 years) was too!

Kirk Ferentz, except for the 1990 and 1991 high marks, has been a part of the 1981 to 2016 successes. He has been a part of some lows, as well, but he has left the program far more memorable, than not.

It took Dr. Tom Osborne a long time to reach the highest marks. The 2015 season at Iowa came a minute away from a CFP birth.

Wow, Year 2 of the CFP was almost a huge quest for a rural, fly over state.

I for one am happy with 2017 and the hope of this program. It may crash and burn, but there is some life in Iowa.

Thank goodness Iowa Hayden Fry didn't retire, after the 1995 season and his monumental Sun Bowl win.

#Until

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
I love each and every CID post in this thread.

At one time he used to annoy and piss me off.

But I have since grown to appreciate his insight.

A treasure indeed.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Kirk Ferentz is entering an important window in Year 19. Iowa can't afford a Year 20 like Fry or like Ferentz in 2012.
lol wat?

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
From another thread:

fwiw peace

Can Kirk Ferentz win #3 or even join Evy ...

Iowa Football ...

Evy and the youth and success of the 1950s ...

Evy, the AD, and the chaos and turmoil of the 1960s.

19 years of darkness ...

3 coaches that found happiness in Happy Valley and were a part in the on the field decline of Joe Pa and Penn State ..

6 to 4 in 2004, with Drew Tate, as QB. Iowa beats Ohio State 33-6 (do I have right score).

The State of Iowa Football ...

Let's remain positive, with the potential for upward success. It wasn't going to continue with former Texas OC Greg Davis.

He was far more successful north of the Mason-Dixon line than Gene Chizik, but he wasn't the right fit for Iowa nor the Big Ten. He clearly enjoyed teaching and his relationship with C.J. Beathard was positive.

Iowa isn't competitive against Penn State. It wouldn't matter, if it was Ken O'Keefe or Greg Davis. O'Keefe couldn't get it done vs. OSU and Davis did bring something to the series vs. Urban Meyer, but neither could jump over the hurdle.

Recruiting is part of it. Iowa had some good parts in the final run of Hayden Fry, but lacked at OC and in the trenches ultimately.

However, the next two years are going to be interesting and important.

It starts with the final parts for the Class of 2017 and the new coaching staff, new and old, that Kirk Ferentz will assemble.

I do believe Iowa will have a window to beat Wisconsin or another I am a giant douche West foe for a 2nd division title.

The 2015 team went 12-0, but it wasn't close to being the most talented Iowa team, but it was up there with 2002 with output in the win column.

The back to back wins over ISU was special. Getting Michigan and Nebrantska (first in 35 years) was too!

Kirk Ferentz, except for the 1990 and 1991 high marks, has been a part of the 1981 to 2016 successes. He has been a part of some lows, as well, but he has left the program far more memorable, than not.

It took Dr. Tom Osborne a long time to reach the highest marks. The 2015 season at Iowa came a minute away from a CFP birth.

Wow, Year 2 of the CFP was almost a huge quest for a rural, fly over state.

I for one am happy with 2017 and the hope of this program. It may crash and burn, but there is some life in Iowa.

Thank goodness Iowa Hayden Fry didn't retire, after the 1995 season and his monumental Sun Bowl win.

#Until

This is what happens when semi-literates have access to a keyboard.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
lol wat?
If you don't understand what he's saying then there's no way I can explain it to you.

b/c I have no fuckin clue either

Last edited: