**Official Iowa vs. Washington Football Thread - 8:00pm - FOX/FS1**

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Joined
Aug 5, 2010
Messages
46,161
Reaction score
43,539
What if he lets you borrow the bottom part of his pants if you get cold?
 
Joined
Aug 4, 2017
Messages
79
Reaction score
-30
I can't think of a worse place to go in that area LOL. Unless you're poor and under 30. But enjoy!
Like I said, it's an old school sports bar. They have framed pictures of Mark Brunell and Lorenzo Romar for context. It's dive adjecent and I can get a cheap pitcher. I live in Ravenna (that's a neighborhood in Seattle if you didn't know) so it's on the fucking way via foot to the tailgaiting lot. I'm very curious what you would suggest in the area. It's a real Socialist Hellhole here, so yea, we are all working poors.
 

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
45,974
Reaction score
3,244
Like I said, it's an old school sports bar. They have framed pictures of Mark Brunell and Lorenzo Romar for context. It's dive adjecent and I can get a cheap pitcher. I live in Ravenna (that's a neighborhood in Seattle if you didn't know) so it's on the fucking way via foot to the tailgaiting lot. I'm very curious what you would suggest in the area. It's a real Socialist Hellhole here, so yea, we are all working poors.
You took the bait.
 

26.2

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Joined
Aug 2, 2017
Messages
18,418
Reaction score
5,994
Like I said, it's an old school sports bar. They have framed pictures of Mark Brunell and Lorenzo Romar for context. It's dive adjecent and I can get a cheap pitcher. I live in Ravenna (that's a neighborhood in Seattle if you didn't know) so it's on the fucking way via foot to the tailgaiting lot. I'm very curious what you would suggest in the area. It's a real Socialist Hellhole here, so yea, we are all working poors.
Whoa a framed picture of Lorenzo Romar! I take back all the things I said about the Sports Column of Seattle!
 
  • Like
Reactions: BBK

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Joined
Feb 11, 2010
Messages
56,785
Reaction score
-21,378
Like I said, it's an old school sports bar. They have framed pictures of Mark Brunell and Lorenzo Romar for context. It's dive adjecent and I can get a cheap pitcher. I live in Ravenna (that's a neighborhood in Seattle if you didn't know) so it's on the fucking way via foot to the tailgaiting lot. I'm very curious what you would suggest in the area. It's a real Socialist Hellhole here, so yea, we are all working poors.
That place sounds awesome, turdz.
 

Lee Beevers

5'9" But Claims To Be Taller
Joined
Jan 25, 2013
Messages
9,505
Reaction score
16,062
Jog can provide anyone staying in Renton with a list of things to do before the Huskies and Hawkeyes battle it out on the gridiron.
 

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Joined
Aug 23, 2007
Messages
98,069
Reaction score
37,577
Heck cut his hair short just like CJB. He’s ready for the keys
Lil’ Heck gonna give em Hell? I sure hope he does.

Seems like a great time for a QB change if they are at all similar quality. Huge game for the season trajectory. Washington has almost no meaningful tape on Heck, and he’ll be a bigger challenge to defend on that basis alone. I expect Kirk to channel his mentor and remain coy about it until kickoff.
 

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Joined
Jan 15, 2019
Messages
614
Reaction score
981
BV doesn't sound like a Hecklinski lean
We literally watched him waddle around in the backfield against NIU

Maybe he provides a spark with his arm, but the idea he's a runner is made up by retards who haven't actually watched him
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,330
Reaction score
28,019
We literally watched him waddle around in the backfield against NIU

Maybe he provides a spark with his arm, but the idea he's a runner is made up by retards who haven't actually watched him
For the love of fuck, he's barely played and when he has he ran for a TD last year and nearly ran for a nice TD this year. I get thinking he isn't a runner, but he's hardly waddling around in the backfield.
 

HiawathaHawk

Might Need to GFH
Joined
Sep 21, 2010
Messages
14,597
Reaction score
1,863
I don't think that's what Lester is trying to do, lol.

Receivers were open against Ohio State and Hank was off by about a couple feet on most throws. If he is accurate, then you see a bunch more completed passes, first downs, and my guess is the running game would have opened up a bit. This was truly an execution issue in the first half against OSU. That and fumbling the ball at about the 12 yard line and giving them an easy touchdown to start the game.
All of the man-beater stuff he was running early Saturday had guys with plenty of separation. Hank missed too many throws. If he had connected on more (not all) of them, it probably would have forced them out of Cover 1 and opened up the run game.

Ball control doesn’t matter as much against an offense like that with one of the best college WR of all time. The difference between making them go 60 or 85 yards is almost meaningless. We were going to have to score 24+. I think the plan he had to do that was sound.

In regards to downfield routes, they obviously take more time and it’s harder to beat OSU CBs on go balls than the intermediate rub routes that were getting guys open. Potential for yards after the catch were there.
 

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
5,618
Reaction score
4,135
For the love of fuck, he's barely played and when he has he ran for a TD last year and nearly ran for a nice TD this year. I get thinking he isn't a runner, but he's hardly waddling around in the backfield.
You can be a runner and not be a burner. QB just needs some vision and the ability to put some pressure on the D to account for another threat. Hank actually looks like he has some wheels but stumbles like a baby faun every time he's been in space.

I have a feeling Heck is just a different brand of vanilla but I think I prefer a vanilla that doesn't develop the yips as soon as he feels pressure.
 
Top